Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX3R Work With Older DSM1 RX's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Default DX3R Work With Older DSM1 RX's?

Thinking of picking up a pistol radio and have a couple in mind with one of them being the DX3R. I already have the DX6 and like 4 SR6000 RX's and was wondering if the DSM2 DX3R will work with the SR6000's (obviously with less functionality)??

I only ask because if they will work it would steer me more in the direction of the DX3R....but if not, I might just get the 4PK.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I don't think the older air and land stuff are compatible. Thought the air rx only worked with air transmitters and the land rx only work with land transmitters.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
I don't think the older air and land stuff are compatible. Thought the air rx only worked with air transmitters and the land rx only work with land transmitters.
I believe the Rx he is asking about is a Surface Receiver...however, I am not sure if it will work with the DX3R. The best way to find out would be to contact Spektrum/Horizon....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The SR6000 is a 6 channel parkflyer regular dsm air receiver. It will not work with surface dsm radios. I'm not a spekturm guy but remember something about them being backwards compatible. But I'm pretty sure they are not air/land interchangeable.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Ahh, well....guess I'll just have to spend more cash on the 4PK
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Ahh, well....guess I'll just have to spend more cash on the 4PK
Have you looked into the Nomadio radios?? The React can use older Spektrum Rxs....and you can run a super (dual motor, front/rear steer with different mixing options) on the React using the Nomadio Transcievers... The React is MUCH cheaper than the 4PK as well.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

surface radios only work with surface rx and air radios only work with air rx i tried when i had a dx3r and a dx6i i upgraded to a 4pk and love it but my dx3r was a great radio also
T1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

What's wrong with the dx6? Can run dual esc and give ya more control than a 4pk.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
What's wrong with the dx6? Can run dual esc and give ya more control than a 4pk.
It's all about consistency, I've yet to see someone be as smooth with a stick radio as is possible with the 4PK. Not saying it isn't possible just saying I still haven't seen anyone good enough to do it. 4PK's FTW (at almost every major event this year)
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Have you looked into the Nomadio radios?? The React can use older Spektrum Rxs....and you can run a super (dual motor, front/rear steer with different mixing options) on the React using the Nomadio Transcievers... The React is MUCH cheaper than the 4PK as well.
I'll have to look into Nomadio....that's one I forgot about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Nothing "wrong" with it and I have been using it almost exclusively for every rig I've run, still going to hold on to it. I just thought for a simple rig like a sportsman or even a 3 channel rig where you only need a dig switch, it gets to be a bit cumbersome.

Not having a 3 pos. switch to use for dig means you have to use both 2 pos. toggles mixed, and there's been plenty of confusion on my part as to which way one switch is when you trip the other. If they aren't tripped the right way in conjunction, the end point adjustments get all mixed up and I've already stripped a couple dig servos.

I figure having something with a third channel 3 pos. will make some things just easier.....and even though I don't "need" the expensive radios to get that 3rd channel, I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for and buying somethng for the long haul.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Thinking of picking up a pistol radio and have a couple in mind with one of them being the DX3R. I already have the DX6 and like 4 SR6000 RX's and was wondering if the DSM2 DX3R will work with the SR6000's (obviously with less functionality)??

I only ask because if they will work it would steer me more in the direction of the DX3R....but if not, I might just get the 4PK.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/FAQ/tm.aspx?m=16

From there web site.

Can I use the 3-channel SR3000, SR3100, or SR3500 surface receivers with my DX6? -

The surface receivers use a different protocol and will not operate with the DX6.
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

There is no SR6000, I think you got it confused with the AR6000 which a lot of crawlers who use the DX6 etc are using. That rx is not compatible with the DX3R, however the older DSM1 rx's are. I have several older rx's from the original DX3 that I am using with my DX3R. With Spektrum, SR and AR rx/radio's are not compatible with each other. Hope that helps. Never touched a 4PK but I do love my DX3R.
Knytemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I've owned a DX3R and currently own a 4pk...so far I like the 4pk better
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote