Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Problems with hh torquemaster esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Problems with hh torquemaster esc

seeing if i can get a little help on this. just redid my cliff climber put in a hh torquemaster using the stock 2 channel am radio, have a 3s 4000 mah lipo battery and the stock servo in the back for rear steer and a 645mg in the front. my problem is when i hook up the battery the only thing that happens is the red light blinks on the esc. every now and then the front servo pulses and turns the front wheels like a tick at a time to the left. i have banebot motors wired in parallel also. any insight would be very appreciated.
spdyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

No experience with the holmes yet but My castle (same programming if I'm not mistaken) does that when you first turn it on until it finds the radio. Radio has to be on and the esc has to recognize neutal for 1.5 sec. (default). Try running your trim one direction at a time until the led changes. When it changes be patient and wait a few sec. for it to arm.
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyZuki View Post
No experience with the holmes yet but My castle (same programming if I'm not mistaken) does that when you first turn it on until it finds the radio. Radio has to be on and the esc has to recognize neutal for 1.5 sec. (default). Try running your trim one direction at a time until the led changes. When it changes be patient and wait a few sec. for it to arm.
just tried this and nothing. i did notice if i unplug the battery and then unplug the servos and plug the battery back in with only the the wire from the esc plugged up i get both the red and green light and a beep about every second. also does the same thing if i unplug the esc wire and plug the servos up. still nothing happens though just get the red and green light blinking and a beep every second, nothing is moving.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

from your description it makes those lights and sound when it doesnt get signal from your radio. did you calibrate the esc to your radio when you put it in?
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Have you tried just having the ESC plugged into the radio? Sounds like one of the servos may be overdriving the internal BEC- caused by a bad servo.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

John not sure if you can explain this one but this is what i did. this was my brothers truck i was setting up for him. its a cliff climber with banebot motors your esc a stock servo for the rear steer and a 645mg for the front and im using a venom 4000mah 3s lipo battery. never could get it working so i took the torquemaster out of his truck and put it into my honcho and it works fine. i took out my sidewinder and cc bec and put it in his truck and it works fine. not sure what it was about the cliff climber that the torquemaster didn't like but it just wouldn't work. im happy because i end up with the torquemaster in my truck and my brothers just happy to have his truck running.

i do have one question for my truck now and that is the motor jitters when just sitting there. is this due to something in the setup that i can change to get rid of it? thanks for the help guys and thanks for the great customer support john
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Sounds like your neutral setting may be off a bit. Have you turned on the Holmes Hold? If the drag is set to a high value with Hold on, it can also jitter.

Sounds to me like the HH ESC may not have been arming with your brothers radio. Without further information, it is very hard to diagnose exactly what could have caused the issue. The top two issues are either a bad servo, or inability to arm because of the neutral position of the radio.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I do have the holmes hold on and i think i have the drag brake set high. i'll take a look at that and hopefully thats all it is.

it didn't do anything with his radio so i tried mine and still nothing. his was that stock am radio and i have a rc4wd 2.4 radio. thats when i just switched the esc's and everything was fine. the only thing i could think of was the double motors and double servos. not sure but i'm looking forward to trying out the torquemaster in my truck. going to have to wait until this weekend though.