Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 2 Motors On My Nylint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #1

Default 2 Motors On My Nylint

I recently got a 1:6 Nylint Jeep. The orange one. I want to mod it a little, so what would I have to do to get another motor on there. I dont want the stock motor, I want a new motor and a double for the extra power.
Broken Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The Nylint already has two motors in it--one for each axle. Are you wanting to put different motors in it for more torque or speed or something? Just get motors that are the same size and swap them out.

The motors that are in there aren't very big, but they don't have to be. Each axle has two planetary gear sets in it. When you hit the shifter on the controller, the drive-ring moves from one side to the next, switching from one planetary gear set to the other. The low side is geared so far down that the little motors are able to provide TONS of torque. You'll snap an axle outdrive before the motors stop turning. I suppose it may be worth a try though if you're looking for more speed on the Low gear.

As far as mods, there is a ton of stuff you can do. I turned one of my Nylints into a full tuber (see it in the Nylint picture thread). Another, I made into a TVP style rig. And the last one, I left stock (it was for parts). I swapped out the stock "shocks" for some HPI Savage shocks. Boy, was that nice. The stock ones just bounce around while the HPI's make the trucks smooth.

I was also able to modify the rear axle to have a disconnect that was controlled by the shifter on the controller. This gave me front dig. Cost me about $8.00 and works decently. But you have to sacrifice the High/Low shifting ability and just stick with Low. The High gear sucks anyways; no torque; unusable.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #3

Yea I was wanting more torque. You actually summed it all up for me, I know what I can do now. But, now what about batteries. How can I run two, like for more drive time? Just split the cable and connect? But, thanks alot.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

more run time? I think I was getting about an hour on the stock battery. Do you really want more than that?

What should really concern you is the weight of the battery. Those lead acid batteries are super heavy. Why not swap it out for an 11.1v lipo? The original battery is 12v, so it should be fine. You'll just have to use a voltage indicator so that you don't drain the lipo too low.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #5

Yea I was looking today and the battery for these things look like a small Power Wheels battery! Which the PW battery are very heavy. So I take it from your words that these Nylints follow their predecessors. LOL.