Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: EVX one battery mod????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #1

Default EVX one battery mod????

Ok. How many of you,all runs there EVX this way """TwistedCreations shows how to wire your EVX speed control for use with a single battery.""" I have been running mine thay for about 2 days I really like it how well it does but...How long can I use it that way? Can I go back and forth from one batt to two? Does it change my "turn" limit? Can I run all 12-14 cell in the one "slot"? Can I use less then 6-7 cells? And most of all will it cook my EVX? Just to make it clear it is on my Clodzilla II(my first sorta crawler) stock gearing with Duratrax "PowerLine Wet magnet modified monster truck motors"(anyone rember those????????)Thank you.
Hillbillyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

you can run on 6-7 cells all day but I wouldn't recommend less than that. you can go back to 2 batts at any time but use both battery connections on the evx. the motor limit is the same wheather you use one or two batts. hope this helps
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You can't run 12-14 cells on 1 plug.you'll cook the bec and esc.it wasn't designed that way.the bec runs off only the one plug and couldn't take it.the plug that gets crossed just use a batt plug so you can unplug it and plug a batt to it.
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #4

Cool and thanks!!!Thats pettery much whit I figgered.How about the amps? BEC,foward,brake,reverse all the same?Any thing else I need to know?
Hillbillyking is offline   Reply With Quote