Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Max Troubles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mamba Max Troubles

Whats up guys. I recently bought a Mamba Max ESC, Im trying to program it for Brushless, it was previously programed for Brushed. I cannot Link it to my PC with the Castle Link, am i missing something? It worked good with my Sidewinder. I have Windows 7, I followed all the instructions for the install of the Castle Link off the Castle Creations Website. Im just using the USB cable to link the ESC. Ive tried everything, and still nothing, even all the suggestions thats on the Website. Can someone help me, PLEASE?! Thanks in advance
Tedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #2

wont work if you have windows vista need windows xp to update the controller so it can be use with windows vista i had the same issue
weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i'm running 7 either yes mamba max wont work with it. i even cant run ccbec on 7
you can use virtual machine to run castle link

Last edited by deephis46; 09-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
deephis46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I hate vista my cpu crashed one time and a buddy of mine fixed it and put vista on it i took it back. And had him put xp back on it. I coulnt even resize pics with vista
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

im running vista on my laptop. hate it but its running. i had no problems with the castle link. you have to run as administrator or something like that during the install or it wont work. mine programs just fine.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

does your mamba max have the usb port on it? if it does, try using the usb port. a while ago castle made a firmware change to allow the mamba max to be programmed via the receiver plug, before that it wasnt possible.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yes, I have installed it and ran the program as administrator. The Mamba Max does have a USB port on the side of it. I used it and nothing. When I have the Castle link program open, I plug the Mamba in and no green lights come up on the USB Connection Status or the Device Connection Status, but when I plug the Castle Link to the reciever wires on the ESC I get a USB Connection but no Device Connection. Im confused. I emailed Castle about my problem, just waiting for a reply from them. I have no LHS to do it for me either since they are all about 100 miles out of my town.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

this sounds exactly what i experienced with a bec i bought the other day. called castle and they answered phone pretty quickly. long story short....bad bec. u might have a bad esc.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Got it set-up for brushless, thanks all of you. All I had to do was look at my manual and program it with the tx