Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HELP: Airtronics MX-3 Vs 3Racing Winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default HELP: Airtronics MX-3 Vs 3Racing Winch

Hi,

I'm having trouble pairing an Airtronics MX-3 with a 3Racing winch. I followed the instructions and everything is fine EXCEPT: I can't make it stop, the Aux lever seems has no neutral position. Up is for pull and down is for release that's all, no stop/neutral position to make the winch switched off...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
dirtworkshw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

it needs a 3 position switch to operate correctly. you need forward, neutral and reverse to be able to run it right. the mx radios only have 2 position switches, you might be able to adjust epa's on the fly to get it to work though. or have 2 different model memories... one to run it out and to neutral, then another model with different epa settings, that will run it back in and has neutral. that make sense? that's how I ran my dig with my mx-3fg
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I had the same? a while back ago and found a salution from a thread on here. I'll try to explain it the best I can. First you have to find the right end point on your controller and turn it down to 0% and put the other around 50%, that way you have neutral one way and movement the other way. Then access your aux servo reversing option on your controller and what your going to do is hit your 3rd channel switch and it well throw one way and then hit it again and it returns to neutral, then when you want it to go the oppesite way hit your servo reverse then hit your 3rd channel switch and it throws the oppesite way. Hope this helps, theres a thread on here some where that explains a little better then me lol.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
it needs a 3 position switch to operate correctly. you need forward, neutral and reverse to be able to run it right. the mx radios only have 2 position switches, you might be able to adjust epa's on the fly to get it to work though. or have 2 different model memories... one to run it out and to neutral, then another model with different epa settings, that will run it back in and has neutral. that make sense? that's how I ran my dig with my mx-3fg
Ahhh I see, I thought my switch is damaged or something. Your idea about using model memory is pretty cool but maybe a little uncomfortable. But it's better than buying another radio or drill a hole in my radio to put a 3 position switch in. I will definitely try that out! Thanks a bunch man...
Old 09-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

yeah in effect the solution jrock has is pretty much the same thing, but gets to it by a different route. the different model memory is probably better in that the epa's will be more accurate, just reversing the switch as he described doesn't guarantee you'll have the proper throw in each direction, but it will probably be pretty close. if you keep it on the battery tab on the little screen, if I remember right model selection is only a single click of the arrows, then you just program the next model in sequence to be the one with your flipped switch... and you can even have the two channels identical for every other epa, so you can pilot the rig off either one depending on if you want to be able to winch out or in.
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
yeah in effect the solution jrock has is pretty much the same thing, but gets to it by a different route. the different model memory is probably better in that the epa's will be more accurate, just reversing the switch as he described doesn't guarantee you'll have the proper throw in each direction, but it will probably be pretty close. if you keep it on the battery tab on the little screen, if I remember right model selection is only a single click of the arrows, then you just program the next model in sequence to be the one with your flipped switch... and you can even have the two channels identical for every other epa, so you can pilot the rig off either one depending on if you want to be able to winch out or in.
It's done in few minutes ago ! Probably takes a while to get used to it...thanks again
Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
I had the same? a while back ago and found a salution from a thread on here. I'll try to explain it the best I can. First you have to find the right end point on your controller and turn it down to 0% and put the other around 50%, that way you have neutral one way and movement the other way. Then access your aux servo reversing option on your controller and what your going to do is hit your 3rd channel switch and it well throw one way and then hit it again and it returns to neutral, then when you want it to go the oppesite way hit your servo reverse then hit your 3rd channel switch and it throws the oppesite way. Hope this helps, theres a thread on here some where that explains a little better then me lol.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
RCC Addict

No problem, glad to help
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
RCC Addict

or you can just do the mx-3 3 pos 3rd channel mod.

http://www.rccrawler.com/mx3.htm
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterSpec View Post
or you can just do the mx-3 3 pos 3rd channel mod.

http://www.rccrawler.com/mx3.htm
Nice! Thanks...