Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX3E dig switch for BEAU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

On the dx3r you can put the 3rd channel switch anywhere on the controller. Not just the top, and as a person that used a DX3R it is uncomfortable on the top of the wheel.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerc72 View Post
Good Morning to All,

maybe this can help:
http://www.scalecrawler.de/index.php...&threadID=6200

Have fun!

JokerC72

Can't read German, but the pictures were pretty much self-explanatory. Thanks for the tip.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Just curious, what happens if both switches get pushed at the same time? Wouldn't that send the signal to both sides of the dig switch? How long have you guys been running like this?
tigman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

does anyone know what happens when both switches are pushed at the same time?
tigman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #25
Colt Python/SR9c

I just pushed both and nothing really happened, other than going to one side....

Thanks for the pic Joker..Glad I didn't need to read it

The mod is very easy to do.. Hardest part is finding the 3 stupid screws behind the stickers that keep the cases held together
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

be carefull with those switches they tend to break easy and will fall out of the houseing
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Thinking of buying this set up. how do you guys like it?
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #28
Mic
Rock Crawler

I was at Radio shack this morning and saw those switches but picked up a 3 pos toggle switch instead. I may go back tommrow and pick up the momentery switches like you have. Very nice
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

well just got done with this mod and it work out great. the only thing i would recomend is that you drill the holes as close to the rubber grip as you can. oh ya its nice that you still have use of the toggle switch on the back.
2manytickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:41 AM   #30
RCC Addict

meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #31
Mic
Rock Crawler

So how does this work? Hit one buttun to lock dig and hit the other button to un-lock it like the origanal switch? Or is it hold the red button for front dig and it is in 4wd when when you relase teh red button?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
So how does this work? Hit one buttun to lock dig and hit the other button to un-lock it like the origanal switch? Or is it hold the red button for front dig and it is in 4wd when when you relase teh red button?
No dude, Hit the red button dig once you let it go its 4wd again. No need to flick a switch back and forth. Press one for the dig you want release when you want 4wd. Its nice.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

[/QUOTE]

so its a 4 channel now? can someone take a pic of the original switch before the mod. please coz im thinking of getting one.
xtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
Mic
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
No dude, Hit the red button dig once you let it go its 4wd again. No need to flick a switch back and forth. Press one for the dig you want release when you want 4wd. Its nice.

You are using different switches than the origanl poster. Your's are normally closed and his were normally open. I went with the normally open so I guess I will see what happens when I wire them in.

I just wired them in. I am using Momentary SPST normally open switch 275-1547 they are a little larger than the ones Chino used and diffenrt than the one Jeepkid used. These swiches work like the origanl switch: hit the one to lock hit the other to unlock. I think the ones jeepkid used will give you push and hold for dig, relase for 4wd. two diferent styles. I will work with mine and see how I like it, then maybe change to the jeepkid style switchs for the other method.

Here are some cell phone shots of it

Name:  dx3e inside.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  dx3e buttons.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  75.2 KB

Last edited by Mic; 11-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #35
Mic
Rock Crawler

What switchs are everyone else using? Normally open or normally closed?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #36
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
What switchs are everyone else using? Normally open or normally closed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino925 View Post
thoes look like they would work fine. i acually used these
275-1571
Those are the ones I installed on my buddies radio. In the radio shack description, they are normally-open momentary switches. They work like the factory rear button. He pushes the red one for dig(locked) and then has to hit the opposite (black one) side to unlock the dig.,Just like the factory switch

If the closed switches actual act like an actual momentary switch -push/hold for dig and release to center - then I would rather switch them in for him

Xtian- no it is not a 4 channel radio now. Basically we are just moving the aux switched to a more comfortable location, than having it on the rear of the radio.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

I just performed this mod using the normally closed radioshack switches [P/N:275-1548] and I'm having some weird operation. I used a servo in the 3rd channel to observe the control. When neither button is pressed, the servo jitters rapidly about the center position. When the red button is pressed the servo moves to the up position, when the red button is released, the servo returns to center position and jitters when its there. When I press the black button, the servo moves to the down position, but stays there even if I release the black button. It only returns to center when I press the red button again. My questions are: 1) Shouldn't the servo return to center upon releasing the black button? and 2) What is with the jitters? and 3) Will this jittering effect the punk Dig I plan on installing?

I'm thinking it might be best to use normally open switches (same as factory), any thoughts?

Electrical stuff is not my forte, so I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Last edited by coliver14; 11-04-2010 at 06:45 PM.
coliver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliver14 View Post
I just performed this mod using the normally closed radioshack switches [P/N:275-1548] and I'm having some weird operation. I used a servo in the 3rd channel to observe the control. When neither button is pressed, the servo jitters rapidly about the center position. When the red button is pressed the servo moves to the up position, when the red button is released, the servo returns to center position and jitters when its there. When I press the black button, the servo moves to the down position, but stays there even if I release the black button. It only returns to center when I press the red button again. My questions are: 1) Shouldn't the servo return to center upon releasing the black button? and 2) What is with the jitters? and 3) Will this jittering effect the punk Dig I plan on installing?

I'm thinking it might be best to use normally open switches (same as factory), any thoughts?

Electrical stuff is not my forte, so I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.

-Chris
When you tinned the switchs, did you get them kind of hot?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Not too hot, nothing melted or anything. Why, whats up?
coliver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Sometimes these little switches or any electronics can get damaged from too much heat during tinning.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/276217-dx3e-dig-switch-beau.html
Posted By For Type Date
DX3E Umbau - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-05-2011 02:40 AM