Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4pk at 55 hrs!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Relaxed !

Default 4pk at 55 hrs!

so after bout 40 hrs of use with my 4pk i noticed the jog button not working as well as it did before, but now that i'm right at 55 1/2 hrs she just feels all sloppy, and i have to use 2 finger's to get it to click down and select what i want to program! has anyone else had this problem and if so how did u fix it? i took the radio apart and cleaned up some "gummy" stuff around the jog base and now the button is recessed down amd really active if u bareley touch it, but to click down doesnt work without steadily holding and pushing down!

Thanks
Randy
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I've got over 70 hrs on mine and no issues.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
20K Club

I am not sure how many times I have rolled my clock over 100 hrs but it's been at least twice. I don't have any of the little nubs on it any more even! I may just be really good at using the job but I don't have any problems. I also always keep mine in the case and keep it clean.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have 189 hrs on my 4PK and the button still works fine. It is sloppier than when it was new, but not an issue. It will be going over to Futaba service center in a couple weeks for a check up

My first 4PK had several hundred hours on it but I sent it over to the service center approx every 100 hrs for a tune up. They clean it, check the pots etc. I got rid of it when I got the 4PKS though.

It really depends on what you are using the transmitter for/the conditions it is used in, how often you need to send it in to be checked out. I recommend every 100 hours to our team drivers. I understand that for the average user that is probably too frequent since you will most likely be charged for it. I would say at least every 200 hours though I would send it in.

Sococrawler if you are having problems with the jog button I recommend you send it to Hobby Services and have them check it out.

Hobby Services
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822

J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
I have 189 hrs on my 4PK and the button still works fine. It is sloppier than when it was new, but not an issue. It will be going over to Futaba service center in a couple weeks for a check up

My first 4PK had several hundred hours on it but I sent it over to the service center approx every 100 hrs for a tune up. They clean it, check the pots etc. I got rid of it when I got the 4PKS though.

It really depends on what you are using the transmitter for/the conditions it is used in, how often you need to send it in to be checked out. I recommend every 100 hours to our team drivers. I understand that for the average user that is probably too frequent since you will most likely be charged for it. I would say at least every 200 hours though I would send it in.

Sococrawler if you are having problems with the jog button I recommend you send it to Hobby Services and have them check it out.

Hobby Services
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822

J
this is the first 55 hrs on it and no i don't keep it in a case, i have too much stuff to pack around (3 rigs) so that's out, but here shortly i will send it in and have it serviced so it will be (newish)! thanks J
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote