Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC steering servo making different noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #1

Default Losi MRC steering servo making different noise

i have the Losi 1/18th scale crawler. ive had it for over a year and know it pretty well. i didnt know however about taking the spring out of the steering arm to get better response. i tried this last night and was very easy with it, but its slipping somewhere now and i cant tell where. it doesnt do this all the time or not only in tight turns. its like it just gets to a certain angle and it just slips easily. i put the spring back immediately. it still slips. ive tried torquing the screw at MANY different increments with little difference. its a quick bzzzt. sound,if that helps. if i can drive forward or backward and get the wheels at a different angle then it will steer and crawl fine until it gets to that certain angle. has anyone had this problem? its a stock msx12 servo. if the servo is trashed, what do i need to do to a stock truck to put a better servo on? like the Hitech 645 for instance. Thank You in advance.
Bamaswamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to the forum. There is a specific section for the MRC, look around in there and I bet that most of your questions will be answered.

As far as your servo goes, sounds like its time for a full sized servo. The 645 is a great option for the MRC, I run them on both of my 1.9's. If you are running the standard RTR or BND versions of the MRC you will need to either buy or make a plate that will accept a full sized servo rather than the mini servo. If you have not already upgraded to a 4 link front and rear this would be the time to do it. There are a couple different places where you can get just the plates (Full sized servo w/4 link mount) or you can go ahead and upgrade to a better chassis that will come with the plates. There are several options as far as chassis goes, most are relatively inexpensive ($20-50) for what you get performance wise. Search for chassis in the MRC forum and you should find out about all of the options.

In the future, if you have a question that is rig specific search in that section for your answer. If you cant find anything create a new thread in that section, you will get better and quicker responses.

Losi MRC Section:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #3

Default thanks

thanks man i was afraid of that. i wanted a reason to upgrade it anyway.
Bamaswamper is offline   Reply With Quote