Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: traxxas xl5 esc programming problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default traxxas xl5 esc programming problems

so i picked up a traxxas xl5 esc from a buddy to put in my new venom creeper. i also bought a brand new traxxas tq3 controller and reciever. i have read how to reprogram the esc but it isnt working. i set the controller to the settings it is supposed to be on according to the manual, then hold the set button til the red light goes out then release the button, it then blinks once (like the instructions say) and i hold the throttle to full throttle, after this the red light never blinks again.... what am i doing wrong? is the esc toast or wut? the steering works great and i have no problem with that. i even set it to SPORT mode and it didnt change anything. i just cant get the motor to turn. if i put direct power to the motor then the motor works so i know the motor is fine
rccherocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

hmmmm i think your going through the right steps, i just had to do that to setup one in my axial. have you tried putting it in the steering channel spot and trying to calibrate it there? when you just plug it in and turn it all on does the light go green, then off when you move the throttle on the transmitter? have you tried adjusting the trim on the transmitter while its all on?
dealwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I think after it blinks then you have to hold the radio at full forward throttle. Then the esc should light up after a second or two. Then go to full reverse until it lights up again and then let go of the radio for a few seconds. Then it should be programmed I think. Its been a while.
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stripe View Post
I think after it blinks then you have to hold the radio at full forward throttle. Then the esc should light up after a second or two. Then go to full reverse until it lights up again and then let go of the radio for a few seconds. Then it should be programmed I think. Its been a while.
Thats pretty much it. Hold full throttle while blinking then it will stay lit for a couple seconds showing it received the signal then will start blinking again and you go full reverse and it will go solid red again showing it got the signal then after solid red it should turn solid green and your done.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote