Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Lipo question

I have a xr10 with duel Novak 55's and a rooster crawler esc and cc bec. How long should a 1300 2s lipo last. I am very new to lipos and just got a turnigy 420 charger. It doesn't balance the cells so I just unplug it as soon as one of the cells is fully charged I am just afraid to over charge it. Thanks for any info it helps a great deal.
Adam
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Not balancing while charging is dangerous

Runtime is hard to determine without knowing your driving style. Perhaps a half hour? Hard to say
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I drive slow. It's only been running like 10 min before it starts to lurch like the batteries dieing. The charger charges the battery through the balancing plug
Old 10-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Since you have a Turnigy charger I would assume the battery is Turnigy also.
Turnigys are infamous for unmatched cells so charging without a balancer is just looking for a fire. The more you run and charge without balancing, the more they become uneven.
I'm not bad-mouthing Turnigy, they are what they are, a cheap lipo. I have several but I know what to expect.
I run Hyperions and ThunderPowers in my MOAs, anywhere from 850-1100MaH and get 30-35 minutes, a little less with dual ESCs.
I do not have a LiPo that's never been balance charged.....................

Well that's not entirely true but I just can't find the right balance port for my 1s cells....
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
cherry bomb

on the tunigy 420, wait till both cells hit 100% a buddy of mine was doing what you are doing and I check one of his 2s lipo's and once cell was full charge and the other was under 2volts, thats not good, i'd posibly look into an external lipo balancer, but from what i've read, that 420 ballances aswell, I assume you just wait till everything this 100%

i'm asuming you got it new? read the manual
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinDoug View Post
Since you have a Turnigy charger I would assume the battery is Turnigy also.
Turnigys are infamous for unmatched cells so charging without a balancer is just looking for a fire. The more you run and charge without balancing, the more they become uneven.
I'm not bad-mouthing Turnigy, they are what they are, a cheap lipo. I have several but I know what to expect.
I run Hyperions and ThunderPowers in my MOAs, anywhere from 850-1100MaH and get 30-35 minutes, a little less with dual ESCs.
I do not have a LiPo that's never been balance charged.....................

Well that's not entirely true but I just can't find the right balance port for my 1s cells....

My battery is not a turnegy. i think it is a disire power?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
on the tunigy 420, wait till both cells hit 100% a buddy of mine was doing what you are doing and I check one of his 2s lipo's and once cell was full charge and the other was under 2volts, thats not good, i'd posibly look into an external lipo balancer, but from what i've read, that 420 ballances aswell, I assume you just wait till everything this 100%

i'm asuming you got it new? read the manual
I got both the battery and charger used. I was jut afraid that if I wait till they are both at 100 it would over charge the one that gets there first. From what I have herd the turnegy 420 doesn't come with a manual even new