Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak replacement program ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Novak replacement program ?

I just bought myslef a Goat 2s system for $20, the motor is perfectly fine but the ESC is fried. I knew this buying the system (hence the price) and figured it was worth the motor but then realised I can use the ESC as a core for Novak's exchange program. My question is has anyone ever done this, I guess my main concern is I don't really want to be waiting for 6 months to get the new ESC. I don't care to have the current ESC serviced at all so I don't think it should take to long, more or less just like ordering a new one directly from them?

On a side note, I'm brand spanking new to brushless stuff and have no clue as to what battery to run ect. Last night I cleaned the ESC all up (inside/out) and then used a 1500Mah reciever back from a nitro car plugged into the reciever to see if I made any difference when cleaning. My steering servo worked no problem and the the ESC lights came on but nothing from the motor (when I pull the throttle trigger), Would hooking a Lipo directly to the ESC battery connections result in the same (sorry I'm coming from a Nitro only background), Or is this ESC suppose to be only run on Lipo? Any help is greatly appreciated.
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

download the 2 instruction sheets from the web site. you should be able to basic program it. mine did that and i just followed the instructions and it worked. i run a 7.4 lipo.

i would not hook up the batt other connection than the ones you are supposed to
bubbaskyjacker is offline   Reply With Quote