Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: crawl time - how long?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #1

Default crawl time - how long?

Coming from rc helicopter, the general rule of thumb is not to exceed 80% of the lipo capacity. As such, instead of using low voltage cut off, I use the timer in the tx to prevent over discharging of the battery. Also, for my flying style, acrobatic, I like high "C" rating 45C plus.

What about crawling? I've got a 2.2 Hustler with 2 Novak 18.5T and two Novak escs, what size lipo is good for at least 5 minutes of crawling? Can I crawl for 10 minutes without worrying about killing the motors and escs?

Thanks
Kwarler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarler View Post
I've got a 2.2 Hustler with 2 Novak 18.5T and two Novak escs, what size lipo is good for at least 5 minutes of crawling? Can I crawl for 10 minutes without worrying about killing the motors and escs?
Anything around 850mAh should give you MUCH more runtime than 5min....

If you are running a LVC, then you should be able to run the truck until it stops without damaging anything....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarler View Post
Coming from rc helicopter, the general rule of thumb is not to exceed 80% of the lipo capacity. As such, instead of using low voltage cut off, I use the timer in the tx to prevent over discharging of the battery. Also, for my flying style, acrobatic, I like high "C" rating 45C plus.

What about crawling? I've got a 2.2 Hustler with 2 Novak 18.5T and two Novak escs, what size lipo is good for at least 5 minutes of crawling? Can I crawl for 10 minutes without worrying about killing the motors and escs?

Thanks
I dont know what battery size to get but most crawlers get 30+ minutes of run time
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Got Worms?

i would suggest a 1000mah-1300mah which should give around 30 minutes of runtime. Also for the most accurate c ratings and highest go with the elite packs from cheapbatterypacks.com http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?me...841&sid=682527
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Just about anything over a 850mah should get you ample runtime. Also like stated before, just make sure your ESC has a LVC built in or use a external one. Unlike helis, our rigs stay on the ground so no need to worry about the lipo cutting off. As long as you have LVC, run it till it stops.

If you have any other questions or need help getting setup with some krawling lipos, let us know. We would be glad to help!!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #6

Thanks. I need to look up these Novak speed controllers and to set lvc.
Kwarler is offline   Reply With Quote