Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: linear mode on 3e

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default linear mode on 3e

Anyone know how linear mode works on the 3e in relation to servo movement. Does it just move the servo position and stop in what ever position its at once the switch is released or does it return back to neutral? Is its only application in the crawler world the m2?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

it is linear,,it applies signal linearly as you keep holding the button,,hold it down a short time it doesnt build any real speed,,hold it down for a bit and it builds speed as it goes along,,,,great for a winch. the servo/winch/whatever stops on command and returns on command
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Got Worms?

Now i'm not sure exactly how winch controllers work but i would think it would be similar to a esc so in neutral position it stops, but when you say both a servo and winch stops is kinda strange because for a servo to stop that means its got to have ch in the same position which seems like is possible with the linear switch but when a winch would stop that means it would return back to the neutral point. So unless winch controllers work differently than i think they should as well keep spinning at the speed once the button was released or a servo would have to return back to center once it was released. Please lmk if winch controllers work differently than i think. But i'm just trying to figure out what happens once the switch is released.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
RCC Addict

in linear if you bump the thumb up, it turns a servo slightly one way. if you bump it back down, it nutrals, if you bump it down again, it goes the other way.

If you bump up, and hold, it will go to the max travel of the servo and stop, then you have to hold it down to get it to re-center. Kinda a PITA for rear steer, and really no point to a winch line.

the linear mode almost reminds me of a push button trim.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Now i'm not sure exactly how winch controllers work but i would think it would be similar to a esc so in neutral position it stops, but when you say both a servo and winch stops is kinda strange because for a servo to stop that means its got to have ch in the same position which seems like is possible with the linear switch but when a winch would stop that means it would return back to the neutral point. So unless winch controllers work differently than i think they should as well keep spinning at the speed once the button was released or a servo would have to return back to center once it was released. Please lmk if winch controllers work differently than i think. But i'm just trying to figure out what happens once the switch is released.
I have a comp today but Ill try to post a short video of the 3E linear action using a servo...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote