Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Truck hates cold...:/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Truck hates cold...:/

Well I went to go out crawling yesterday with a freind of a friend.....he brought his custom Unimog and his SCX-10 50's F-100. and I brought my 05' Chevy Silverado (hardbody) SCX-10.

We had gotten to our crawl spot and got the tucks set up.....but Mine wasn't working right. the throttle and winch worked...but I had no steering. ok. So we went back to my friends apartment and got some tools and I opened up the RX Box. I figured somethign was loose inside....but a few minutes after warming up...my truck worked jsut fine....so we went back to our crawl spot and my truck did the same thing...no steering but had throttle and working winch...

What could it be? me and my friends thought it was the CCBEC.

My Running Equipment:

~DX6
~S6000 RX
~Tekin FXR
~Traxxas 2075 (waterproof)
~Tekin 35t Motor
~3s 2.2 Turnigy LiPo
~CCBEC
~3racing winch

I've run trucks in the winter before and never had this problem....
Shadow Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

mine does the opposite when i turn the truck on before the transmitter, mine has steering but no throttle, that is the only thing i could think of, ill keep diggin to see what i can find...

i do know depending on how cold it was that lipos dont like the cold weather, mine did that last winter , i warmed it up in my 1:1 truck put it back in my rig and ran till low voltage cutoff, i would try that

Last edited by honcho1.9; 01-09-2011 at 04:06 PM.
honcho1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by honcho1.9 View Post
mine does the opposite when i turn the truck on before the transmitter, mine has steering but no throttle, that is the only thing i could think of, ill keep diggin to see what i can find...

i do know depending on how cold it was that lipos dont like the cold weather, mine did that last winter , i warmed it up in my 1:1 truck put it back in my rig and ran till low voltage cutoff, i would try that
it wasn't cold at all out..-5 celcius (23F)

and I doubt it was the LiPos because my throttle and reverse and winch worked....
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i had this problem over the weekend to.i have my fxr n reciever in project box and thought it all got wet.after taking everything out i found out my problem was the on n off switch.push your switch around n see if it helps
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Have you tried testing your steering servo by its self, maybe swap channels to see if the throttle will make the steering servo turn. At least that way you will have a idea if your steering servo works or not.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadk9420 View Post
Have you tried testing your steering servo by its self, maybe swap channels to see if the throttle will make the steering servo turn. At least that way you will have a idea if your steering servo works or not.
I've done that...but it still doesn't work in the cold...however when I brought it into my friends apartment everything worked...even the steering.

But in the cold I don't even hear the servo humming..no matter what channel I plugged it into...however when it's inside it works just fine...
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

my final verdict? there's a gremlin in my tuck that LOVES the cold...

I still can't seem to solve the problem...