Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hobbyking Eco8 Balance Charger Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hobbyking Eco8 Balance Charger Problem

When I plug my 3s 30c 1300 in and begin any sort of charge it gives me an error saying check battery:low voltage. The manual says its because I am running a lower voltage than whats programed but everything is set as 1.3A 11.1v 3s 1300. Somethin is set at 3.7v per cell but registers as lipo, other 2 voltage setups are for lilo and life. Sorry for the newb Q but im lost on what to do. Thanks
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

you got a low cell. If the battery is new I would contact who you bought it from. I have had a few get low cells. if you do a regular charge and not a balance charge it will bring your cell up a bit and then you can balance charge it next charge. just watch and make sure it doesn't puff on charge. make sure you always charge in a lipo sack or something better like a ammo can or like I am doing modify a small cheap fireproof lockbox/safe.
your 3.7v is per cell and each of the 3 cells in the battery must stay at or abov 3.7 to avoid damage
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

It tells me the same thing on any lipo charge, I did leave it plugged in to my crawler that runs the cc bec so i know its dead, if i do a small nimh charge on it would that bring it back? I was told it may work but not going to till I know for sure, ive seen lipo fires, no bueno
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
It tells me the same thing on any lipo charge, I did leave it plugged in to my crawler that runs the cc bec so i know its dead, if i do a small nimh charge on it would that bring it back? I was told it may work but not going to till I know for sure, I've seen lipo fires, no bueno
I was told before that that works but personally have never done it. maybe someone with experience can chime in
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
It tells me the same thing on any lipo charge, I did leave it plugged in to my crawler that runs the cc bec so i know its dead, if i do a small nimh charge on it would that bring it back? I was told it may work but not going to till I know for sure, ive seen lipo fires, no bueno

I have done it and it works fine. I would say that your lipo will probably be junk sooner than later though.

Just charge it a little on a nicad or nimh setting, but I wouldn't leave it unattended though.

Randy
racerrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrandy View Post
I have done it and it works fine. I would say that your lipo will probably be junk sooner than later though.

Just charge it a little on a nicad or nimh setting, but I wouldn't leave it unattended though.

Randy
Ya haha I dont have a wall outlet power source so im charging it from the battery in my WRX, can't afford a burned up car haha, how long charging as nimh or nicad would do it?