Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ax-2 reciever and transmitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #1

Default ax-2 reciever and transmitter

I accidently fried my stock reciever when I was attempting to solder on a new antenna, overheated something (I think the little proccessor chip)

I went out and bought the spectrum dx3e, very awesome can really tell the diffference glitching has stopped.

but I still want to fix my ax-2 setup, I need to find a new RX that is compatable with my srock axial Transmitter, either the stock RX or just one that will bind to the stock Transmitter, its only a two channell TX but the stock RX was 3 channell for whatever reason.

If any one could tell me what RX to use I would be thankfull, I want to use the stock TX on my the build of my 5 yr. old sons crawler were starting soon. thank you
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Any 27mhz am RX will work, just make sure your crystals match obviously.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

the ax-2 is all 2.4ghz,

so there are no crystals
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockguy View Post
the ax-2 is all 2.4ghz,

so there are no crystals
My fault, I was thinking about the older style rx/TX, have you tried binding your stock radio to your spektrum receiver? If you do a little digging, you may be able to find out the type of code the axial radio uses, then try to find a rx that works off of the same type.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #5

yeah axial apparently switched to 2.4 recently, Im gonna try and do that (bind reciever to spectrum RX) and see if it works. Im kinda looking about and wondering if it is just cheaper and better to pick up a used radio on ebay, seen some killer deals.

Im not to good with the electronics thing yet but is anyone does know which recievers I can sync with my stock axial 2.4ghz radio why not? better then having it useless, maybe will set it up on my little sumo rc.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockguy View Post
yeah axial apparently switched to 2.4 recently, Im gonna try and do that (bind reciever to spectrum RX) and see if it works. Im kinda looking about and wondering if it is just cheaper and better to pick up a used radio on ebay, seen some killer deals.

Im not to good with the electronics thing yet but is anyone does know which recievers I can sync with my stock axial 2.4ghz radio why not? better then having it useless, maybe will set it up on my little sumo rc.
I didn't know they were shipping with 2.4ghz radios now. can you post a pic of the radio for us to see. I don't need one but would like to see what they are putting out with the tr rtr now.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #7

yeah, I geuss it is really new, must just be the 2011 models! Ill have to figure the compatability myeself as I have such a new system!

heres some pics the the radio was glitchy, not to sllow to respond but more like the adjustments for throttle werent very good and sometimes it would roll fwds/bckwds when in "nutral" but the signal carried distance well. the spectrum dx3e got rid of the glitching and you can feel the difference!

crap no pics yet, cant find my sd card to transfer from camera to computer. well some pics maybe found on the net? its a 2 channell with pot trim adjustments and reversing.