Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Help problem with my mamba micro esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Help problem with my mamba micro esc

I have a problem with my mamba micro esc.
when I put this in my 1.9 and give it throttle fast or really anything but very slow input the servo cranks to one side and then returns to center, I'm running a BEC from the batt to the servo and powering the rx by the esc.
I tried a different servo, batt, BEC, and receiver also programed the esc and updated it. Nothing helped.
I ended up swapping the esc and fixed the problem so it has to be the esc.
Anyone has an idea how to fix this?
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Holmes Hobbies

Chad had the same problem with his Losi at the nats. Battery was the problem.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Can you give us a little more info on exactly how you have it wired...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

My son had the same problem in his rig after going brushless, never figured out what caused it but it really shouldn't of happened when servo was hard wired to the bec... Anyway run your bec to your rx and it fixes it
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm running my BEC though my servo to battery as in pos and neg of BEC and servo together and BEC hooked to battery leads.
I switched batteries didn't help.the reason I didn't hook the BEC from batt to rx is I didn't want to over power my rx with 7 volts
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yep the way you have it wired is the way we had trouble.. are you sure the rx cant handle 7v? ive got 7.4v running to both my specktron and nomadio rx's no probs

One thing i thought might be causing it is the built in bec of the esc, maybe it was sending some signal to the rx when i applied throtle causing the servo to play up.. i did think of using a bec to the rx and a bec to the servo to see if the servo still played up but the bec to the rx powering the lot fixed it.

I also remembered having this problem on my losi esc, truned out the CC bec didnt want to work with it, i tried a few bec's no change, tried bec to rx & servo but no change.. the only fix for that one was changing to a HiModel bec
Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
Yep the way you have it wired is the way we had trouble.. are you sure the rx cant handle 7v? ive got 7.4v running to both my specktron and nomadio rx's no probs

One thing i thought might be causing it is the built in bec of the esc, maybe it was sending some signal to the rx when i applied throtle causing the servo to play up.. i did think of using a bec to the rx and a bec to the servo to see if the servo still played up but the bec to the rx powering the lot fixed it.

I also remembered having this problem on my losi esc, truned out the CC bec didnt want to work with it, i tried a few bec's no change, tried bec to rx & servo but no change.. the only fix for that one was changing to a HiModel bec

Nomadio reciever on 7 volts
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Nomadio reciever on 7 volts
Yep, ive run more than that with no problem, ive read a while back when the nomadio forum was around that the rx can handle 20v..... but the nomadio transmitter will only handle 6v before it smokes