Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Punk Dig Not Engaging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Punk Dig Not Engaging

I bought a used Punk Dig for my new MOA. I am using a Futaba 3PMX radio. Both motors work and it seems they are getting full power. However, the motors won't shift into dig, no matter what I do. I have tried all the fixes I read about on here. No matter where I put the EPAs it will not engage. Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping it is my set up and not a faulty dig.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Does the light on the punk unit change when you hit the switch on your radio? You are using a 3 position switch on your radio, correct?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Duoble check all your wires..Unless it is by chance faulty there is not much that can go wrong with these things.They are pretty simple little units..Mine works awesome
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The DT switch was already configured for 3 position switch, but I did double check it. The light stays a solid green regardless of what I have tried so far.

Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Does the light on the punk unit change when you hit the switch on your radio? You are using a 3 position switch on your radio, correct?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I agree, that is why I am so frustrated. I had the same Rx going to a shafty dig before. Other than some endpoints, it should be the same set up, I think.

Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv-townboy View Post
Duoble check all your wires..Unless it is by chance faulty there is not much that can go wrong with these things.They are pretty simple little units..Mine works awesome
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
The light stays a solid green regardless of what I have tried so far.
Ok....so it is not receiving the proper signal from the Transmitter. Are you sure that it is plugged into the Rx correctly? Have you tried turning the plug around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
I agree, that is why I am so frustrated. I had the same Rx going to a shafty dig before. Other than some endpoints, it should be the same set up, I think.

Wes
No, the Punk unit requires more throw than a typical mechanical dig unit. Turn your travel up to 100% on the transmitter...
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ive been having issues with my signal wires breaking off, the small red white black ones. Make sure there is no break in those if not im thinking epas but you said you checked that.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I will double check the plug, hopefully it is a simple no-brainer mistake like that. I did turn up the EPAs. What I mean was the 3P switch configuration should be the same for an electronic dig and a mechanical one, minus the EPA adjustments. I will give go check the plug right away.

Thanks,
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Ok....so it is not receiving the proper signal from the Transmitter. Are you sure that it is plugged into the Rx correctly? Have you tried turning the plug around?

No, the Punk unit requires more throw than a typical mechanical dig unit. Turn your travel up to 100% on the transmitter...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Ok, figured it out. When I got the dig unit the servo wire was falling off. I had to get a longer servo wire and re-solder it back on. I suppose when I looked at the configuration online, I inverted it somehow. FOr simplicity sake, I just swapped the wires on the plug going into the Rx. Now everything is workign great. I really appreciate all the quick help.

Now I have another question. Should I just keep my EPAs at 100 or is there any reason to back them off. I assume 100 would be right, but figured I would ask.

Wes
Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Glad you got it figured out. Keep the travel set to 100%.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Cant see any reason to go less 100%..Good that you got it sorted..Figured it would have to be something simple
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote