Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fried ESC???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Fried ESC???

I think I fried my esc!! i waterproofed it with liquid tape and it has been running fine for a while. Then I got an idea to run my two 6 cell NiMh in series together. the quick setup guide says that the castle sidewinder can handle a 12 cell Nimh. So I tried it and it started glitching and stumbling and carrying on. So I then put it back on to my original 6 cell Nimh setup and now the esc gets hot as before it didnt and it doesnt seem to have the power it once had before. Is it time for a new ESC?? or will a bec fix this? I have had people tell me to get a bec but now i am worried because it isnt as powerful as it used to be on my regular setup. any help would be appreciated. THANKS in advance!!
slammin1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

You didn't say that it didn't work correctly in your other thread. Sounds like you might have some more issues then just the BEC going on there.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

well I thought that it was working when I put the 6 cell battery on. I just tried it yesterday and the thing had absolutely no power. My batteries are new. I mean i have only had them maybe 8-10 weeks. so that cant be the problem. I think what I am going to do is just get a bec i am just being impatient. I want it to work fine NOW!! lol. I feel like a damn kid!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I am charging all of my batteries right now and I will give it another field test. I need to see if I can get my hands on a bec today.