Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: tlt stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default tlt stop

hi guys i was driving my truck outside last weekend (it is a tlt-10 i have a 540stinger motor from traxxas a tamiya teu-101bk fet speed controller(fsc) and a fp-r122je 2 channel am futaba pistol radio) i was driving then when i tried backing up and it wouldnt i have taken the whole truck apart when i turn the truck on the light on the fsc glows like it shoud and the servo works but the motor is not turning it might be because usually when i run my truck the fsc get to hot to touch (it used to be the motor to hot to touch) and i never really thought much about itplease any help will be grateful thanks again
matt
crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: tlt stop

If things are getting too hot to touch, something isnt right. If the speed control and motor were getting so hot you couldnt touch them, chances are one of them are fried. Smell both of them...does one/both smell burnt? Test the motor by touching its wires directly to the wires on your battery. Make sure it works forward and reverse. If the motor runs that way, then its probably your speed control. But like I said, if things are always hot, something is wrong and you need to figure that out before you toast something else.

Eric
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:50 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

what would a fried fet speed controller smell like or a motor
crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The only way I can describe it is a nasty burnt plastic smell. You should easily be able to smell if one or the other is fried. Keep in mind, even if they dont smell burnt there may still be something wrong with one/both. Do you have another motor you could hook to the speed control? Or another speed control to hook to your motor? If you cant figure it out the best thing to do would be to take it to a hobby shop that can trouble shoot it for you.

Eric
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote