Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Drag brake Tekin FXR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Drag brake Tekin FXR

I’m looking for more drag brake from my Tekin FXR
I have searched the forum and tried many of the ideas to no avail. So if I missed something I apologies in advance. Equipment: Berg 2.2 axles, Tekin FXR’s, Tekin 35T pro motors. I use a hotwire to program the FXR’s here are the settings:
· Drag Brake 100
· Brake Strength 100
· Reverse Strength 100
· Neutral Width 25
· Current Limit OFF
· Voltage Cutoff 3
· Brake Profile 3
· Throttle Profile 3
· Reverse Type F/R
With this setup I can turn the rear wheel, there is resistance but it turns.
I have checked the comms on the motor, even swapped the motors front to rear.
Thanks for looking and any advice
Force5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

Can it roll on it's own when on a hill? If not I think it;s strong enough.

If you want strong drag brake, try a Rooster CE. You'll hate how strong those are. I have one in my scaler, and it does stoppies all the itme.

I have a FXR in my sportsman and have the drag brake set to 100 via esc setup button, and it's plenty strong. It does stoppies too, but not as severe. I'll probably adjust it back at some point. A nice, super super slow, controllable roll when on a steep incline seems best.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

If you want full lock you'll need a BR-XL with Holmes Hold.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

After a lot of frustration with drag brake over the year I have been into this I have realized drag brake can have a lot to do with the motor and not just the esc. Have you tried upgrading the motor springs. to a silver motor spring (not sure who makes them) and also tried running a two magnet can in the rear? That all being said I also had drag brake issues with tekins and wound up switching to CC products. Never looking back.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
RcBros Hobbies

I'm currently experiencing this as well. Only difference is I went from 1 FXR and punk dig, to 2 FXR's and a new radio. The most recent suggestion was to turn up the Neutral Width and reprogram esc. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #6

Yeah, I had trouble with my dual fxr rig until I widened the neutral width considerably.
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I would try to recalibrating the ESC to your radio. My drag brake was not consistent at all until I did that. If you are running 2 ESC, make sure you do them both at the same time. Another mistake I made.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
RCC Addict

One suggestion I would probably make is to Program your esc's at full throw on your radio and then dumb down the throttle band. This will give you less twitch on your radio. For instance. I have a DX3r. I calibrate my esc at 150% then when I go to drive I drop my throttle band down to 95% or so which gives me a broader range to eliminate any twitch in throttle but it does drop top end. When driving I then keep my screen open to be able to increase and drop throttle percentage during driving.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
One suggestion I would probably make is to Program your esc's at full throw on your radio and then dumb down the throttle band. This will give you less twitch on your radio. For instance. I have a DX3r. I calibrate my esc at 150% then when I go to drive I drop my throttle band down to 95% or so which gives me a broader range to eliminate any twitch in throttle but it does drop top end. When driving I then keep my screen open to be able to increase and drop throttle percentage during driving.
I think I would use expotential instead of reducing you end point on your throttle I have ran a Fxr and dual Fxr's with brag break for day's I can set my trucks on verticals and walk away. The good motors are definitely part of the answer.
beidave is offline   Reply With Quote