Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axial AE-2 Lipo cutoff question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial AE-2 Lipo cutoff question

I have an AX10 running stock electronics, AE-2 ESC, 55T motor and the stock Axial servo. While I'm waiting for my larger batteries to arrive I was running a small 360mah 2S 20C lipo. I ran one pack until the it died and left it overnight, the next day when I went to charge it and my charger gives me a low voltage warning and refuses to charge it. Now I have read in the AE-2 instructions that the 2S lipo cutoff is enabled from the factory so I'm wondering why this happened? Is is possible the lipo cutoff is off or was I pushing this small pack beyond it's limits? I don't have a castle link to check the settings but I may have to go out and get one to make sure, I don't want to be killing all my lipo's.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Did you leave the battery plugged in to the ESC overnight? if so that is what caused it to over discharge, i would highly recommend getting the castle link it makes changes very easy to do
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yes I did, it will still continue to discharge even with ESC switched off? Looks like I better track down a castle link in the near future also.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

yeah it will have a small draw even if the switch is off, lipo's need to be unplugged after you run them to prevent this, I remove the on/off switch so I have to unplug the battery after running it is a good helpful reminder.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

God I feel pretty stupid now but thanks for the help, good to know. I will probably cut off the switch or just heatshrink over it.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

don't beat your self up too much I have done it more times than I can count on my savage. You just remove the switch and connect the 2 wires and cover them with heat shrink tube