Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I have seen the smoke...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default I have seen the smoke...

I have been searching for hours and havent found how to get the smoke back into my esc. I have fried 2 outcrys and the ae-1 that came with my ax-10. Im tired of it and now have cash to do something about it. I have looked at all the esc's people use and cant find what I want. Is there an esc that will do brushed/brushles, and will use all types of batteries? I dont want to mess with the crap anymore. If I want to use a 7t-55t brushed I can and if I want to go brushless, its not a problem.. I have lots of different batteries I use and I plan to go lipo very soon. All in all I just need it to work great and not go up like a fuse.

Until last may I had droped out of the rc stuff for about 5-6yrs. Im learning about all the new stuff, brushless, lipo and such but dont have any solid ideas of what Will work best. I read lots of opinions but they dont tell me about the do/dont or will/wont.

For reference Im running an ax-10 , most of the upgrades, Want to go ttc, scx-10 style. My current ax is about 7-8pounds thinking I need to shoot for some thing to push around about 12 pounds once I get the ttc setup. I have lots of motors to choose from, 12t-55t brushed, and thinking about hh puller. Would like to try some brushless stuff also but dont own any yet. I run mosty 7cell nimh and some 6cell, but as said before I plan to go lipo soon.

Please help me get some insight. As of now Im leaning to the mambo max pro, hh 7t puller, cc bec and a big savox servo for steering.

Thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

the mamba max pro would work well, as would a tekin rs
out4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ok I just read some good info about some of the esc's I have been looking at. I really like the tekin rs but dont think the bec power is that great from what I have read. I also like the mambo max pro but cant find any info on if it will do brushed motors, everything I have found says it brushless.. but it has better programable stuff for the bec and such.

SO will the mambo do brushed??
Will a CC bec work with the RS?

Last edited by buggynutt; 03-27-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: got new info
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote