Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: AXIAL LED KIT Question.. how many mcd's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default AXIAL LED KIT Question.. how many mcd's?

Ok, LEDs come in several differant brightness. What mcd rating would the axial LED's fall under? I was going to make my own light system and went to radio shack and the largest ones that they had were about 7000mcd White ones, and really dim red ones.

Im looking for about 13000mcd - 16000mcd led's. anybody know were to look localy to buy LED's? radio shack dont sell a good verity.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

If you have a FRY's near you I would go there otherwise look for an electronics supply store. But seriously ordering LED over the internet is the best choice you can buy 10X the amount for what you would pay locally. I usually get mine on ebay but there are many online shops that would probably have a larger selection.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
If you have a FRY's near you I would go there otherwise look for an electronics supply store. But seriously ordering LED over the internet is the best choice you can buy 10X the amount for what you would pay locally. I usually get mine on ebay but there are many online shops that would probably have a larger selection.
yeah buying LED's over the internet you get more, but you dont know what your buying. if its good or if its junk....

but this must be a stumper questiong because im looking for what brightness the axial led's are rated at..
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Well im gona figure this out one way or another lol, I made my own wireing kit and put 7000mcd's up front and they are bright, but not as bright as the kit i dont think, im gussing around 13000mcd is what the axial kits run.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Like most things LED's and other electronics components are made in massive factories in china. There are only a few factories that produce them worldwide so it's very likely that LED's you buy locally and ones bought in bulk over the internet come from the same source. As for your brightness question it's going to be tough to get an accurate answer without hearing straight from Axial or having some special equipment, it's not like LED's are marked. You might try ordering a few different brightnesses, they are cheap enough and then you'll have extra for down the road.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote