Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: calibrate vxl-3s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default calibrate vxl-3s

I called Traxxas and told them my esc does not send power to the motor. The esc, when powered up, flashes green. The steering servo works but, no power to the motor.
I tried to calibrate the esc by holding the radio full forward when powering up the esc but, the esc only has a steady green light. The esc does not respond to anything I do with the radio. The trims are set to zero. Battery pack is fully charged (2s), radio has new batteries and show 11.9v . All connections to the motor, receiver and battery are good.
How do I get the esc to go into calibration mode? Or should I just send it in for warranty?
This is my first BL system.

Oh yeah, I've been running this system for a few months with no problem until it just quit one day while driving.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Russ
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

To go into calibration mode you turn on your TX but DON"T touch anything.. WHen you turn on the ESC, hold the ez-set button until it flashes and then turns red then you let go and pull trigger to full throttle until it blinks again, then go full reverse and hold and then it'll arm and be solid green (sounds like your Lipo cutoff is on) at which point you should be good to go.

I'm curious though you said it had been working fine and now all of a sudden it doesn't?? Did anything out of the ordinary happen before it quit?
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nothing out of the ordinary, jumping and the usual tumble here and there. I was actually not moving, waiting for the other trucks to come around the track when it just didn't respond. Go figure? I'll try your suggestion now,brb.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

OK, I pushed the button on and held it. At first it was green for about a second then went to solid red. Then it went to the ez set up mode od one blink, then two blink, then three blink, etc. It never went to a constant flashing mode. I think I'm just going to send it in.
I have tried it with another radio, too. Same thing.

Thanks for trying to help. I guess it's shorted somewhere inside.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Frickin' thing works now! I don't know why but, all is good again.

Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I think my explanation was poor. You held it too long.. As soon it turns solid red is when you let go and it waits for Tx imput. You went into profile mode where you choose the race, fwd reverse lockout, and 50% power, in no particular order (can't remember exact order!)

Glad it's working now. Hope it continues to treat you well. If it's the older non waterproof version like mine is keep it dry! Mine flips out any time it comes anywhere near water.. Reverse stops working and it just does stupid things.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote