Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: intersting problem......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default intersting problem......

So I have a problem that I cant seem to figure out. I traded for a used bully light wieght comp rig roller, I put a rooster in it and I built a servo dig for it, and I should add it came with (what I was told are 45t epic motors) but who really knows, but anyway the rear motor started to glitch every now and then, so I pulled it and swapped it for an integy 55t motor thats brand new. my problem is the dig switch is brand new no time on it other than maybe 2 minutes to see what the old motor would do, and it kinda worked. and once I swapped the brand new motor in it wont go at all. the light on the rooster changes when I pull the trigger but it wont move. it will stear and the dig servo works, it just wont run the motors. Is my esc bad? or is there something Im overlooking??
crashmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I would try using a battery (pack, "D" size alkaline, etc) with a pair of jumper leads to power each motor just to make sure they work.
It's possible they need service or have a stuck brush.

If both motors work, double check the dig switches actually move enough to trip as well as drive. In moving stuff around maybe the dig servo arm is holding a switch closed.

Did you calibrate the ESC to the radio?

Are the wire connections to the motors & dig good?

Is the pack good (try another pack)?

What connectors are you using, I see the original Novak ones are Tamiyas' (junk)?

Is the ESC in brushed mode?

I'm running a CC MM and servo dig in my 2.2 Bully, so I'm sorta familiar with the setup.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 04-22-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Change some info
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I had the same problem, Steering, punk dig worked but no throttle So I was told to rebind the controller to the reciever and after that I never had a problem. Are you running spektrum?? If so rebind it. If not reset your controller and re-calibrate it to your esc. Hope this helps
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
If not reset your controller and re-calibrate it to your esc. Hope this helps
Translate a bit.
Set TX throttle to "0" trim, EPA's (End Point Adjustments) to 100%, then calibrate the ESC to the radio.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default thanks!

thanks a lot guys, it turned out to be an old deans that I tried to salvage, I replaced that and it finally would go, the rear motor was still acting up so I swapped a brand new one I had laying around now it works great. One strange thing though, the motor I pulled works fine when its by itself......... I took the brushes out and checked them out and well there fine, they aren't even that old, I replaced them when I got the crawler. so any thoughts on that? thanks again guys
crashmurray is offline   Reply With Quote