Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sanwa MT4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sanwa MT4

Hey guys !

I have an Xr10, brand new, and yesterday my Novak M2 Dig combo just arrived. Did the soldering, the wiring, everything was good until my ESC failed after conecting it to the computer. The worst money spent ever ever.

Anyway, i ordered two Tekin FX-R ESCs, and until they arrive, i want to setup my Sanwa MT4 to work with 2 escs.

So, i looked in the user manual, very confusing for me. Anybody who uses Sanwa MT4 would post up here a guide to set it up ?

Thanks in advance !
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nobody ?
Old 04-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying to get a co-club member to post.........
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks man, can't wait for his input
Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

hmmm. I basically followed my manual and used the MOA profiles on the radio, combined with the basic fxr set up through the hotwire and directions. I am not the best at explaining this stuff. I just followed all directions. I have dig set up proportionally on the lever and also in the dial. Not sure that helps you at all
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The first (and the last day) when i used the M2 Dig (my ESC unit), i tried using the MOA mix function on channel 3 (RX/tx has 4 channels). On the first channel is the servo, on 2nd channel front motor and 3rd channel the back motor.

The result was not what i had in mind, so the 3rd channel was set to step mode. It performed a little better, but not like i've seen on video.

Since the M2 Dig died (brand new, after a firmware update), i ordered 2 Tekin FX-R (i should have done this a long time ago) - and i wonder if it is very big difference between the m2 dig and 2 fx-r's.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have no experience with the Novak m2. Set up with the fxr's was very easy. Like I said fo me to be able to do it, anyone can.lol
Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyshor View Post
Since the M2 Dig died (brand new, after a firmware update), i ordered 2 Tekin FX-R (i should have done this a long time ago) - and i wonder if it is very big difference between the m2 dig and 2 fx-r's.
Yes they are totaly different. Why the M2 was acting weird for you is because it needs a throttle signal (CH2) and a bias signal (Ch3) that tells it how to distribute the power between front and rear.

On the other hand the FXR's will each need their own throttle signal, the radio will do the proportioning. Not to mention that dual FXR's are just better in every way.

I have never used or seen your radio but I'm sure you can figure it out if you read the mixing section in the manual. What I would do is hook 2 servos up to CH2 and Ch3 while adjusting the radio so that you can see exactly what is happening. Great way to test programing.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
I have no experience with the Novak m2. Set up with the fxr's was very easy. Like I said for me to be able to do it, anyone can.lol
Thanks for posting marzzz.......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Uli
Quarry Creeper

I run the MT-4 with two micro sidewinders. The setup was a breeze. I only ran a couple of packs with this radio and I already know it is the best crawling radio there is right now. Period.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
I run the MT-4 with two micro sidewinders. The setup was a breeze. I only ran a couple of packs with this radio and I already know it is the best crawling radio there is right now. Period.
Finally someone else who thinks so! How do you have your dig set up? i use the lever and love being able to back off proportionally,
Old 04-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Uli
Quarry Creeper

I use the lever and the trim next to it, but the lever just seems to do the better job. I also built a little piece of spring steel in the lever so it returns to zero. Doesnīt work perfectly but ok. Continous digging and burning on sidehills is just awesome, almost like drifting on the rocks.
I hope some of them biased 4pks users will take a closer look. But unless some well known team drivers start using it, itīll probably not get its deserved recognition.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
I use the lever and the trim next to it, but the lever just seems to do the better job. I also built a little piece of spring steel in the lever so it returns to zero. Doesnīt work perfectly but ok. Continous digging and burning on sidehills is just awesome, almost like drifting on the rocks.
I hope some of them biased 4pks users will take a closer look. But unless some well known team drivers start using it, itīll probably not get its deserved recognition.
i love being able to use the lever to give the rear the tiny bump when full dig is too much. I think the radio is helping me with the learning curve for dual esc's. the futaba guys are a bit biased......and i was a futaba guy.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Hello,

i'll get mine tomorrow, can't wait to test it. Egressor is using a MT4 too and as far as i know he loves the lever diggin a lot

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Frank View Post
Hello,

i'll get mine tomorrow, can't wait to test it. Egressor is using a MT4 too and as far as i know he loves the lever diggin a lot

Greetings Frank
cool maybe you could ask him to post up his thoughts on the radio?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Got mine today and after 30 Minutes of binding, installation and programing i took 2.5h of constant testing with it. What should i say, great

Lightweigted, very easy programing and excellent handling and with 2 temp sensors you can controll your double ESC combos (if you like)

I'll take a lil vid and post it til monday.

Greetings Frank
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
RCC Addict

i really like mine too

some pics of the self centering lever

EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor View Post
some pics of the self centering lever
Thanks

Greetings Frank
Old 05-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
sim
Quarry Creeper

Awesome work! That should have been standard on the radio.
The "DT" buttons (whatever Sanwa calls them) already do a good job on non-self-centering functions, so a self centering lever would be perfect for esc mixing overide or rear steer.

Last edited by sim; 05-07-2011 at 06:00 PM.
sim is offline   Reply With Quote