Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: mamba micro pros, rear wheels roll when im diging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default mamba micro pros, rear wheels roll when im diging

like it says, i just installed 2 mamba micro pros in my xr, im running hh 45tpro motors [maybe 30 runs on them] ,3s 850tp,im useing the wantasummit mix for dx3r. so i calibrated the 2 controllers together,used v1.24 castle software everything is set to full on crawler brake and when i dig the rear wheels roll, vs locking up and dragging. this is driving me nuts. why would i have a weak dig in the rear? thanks for any help
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sorry I don't have a answer for you ebomb, but I have to say this is a new one I haven't heard before, so I'm very curious to hear the possibilities myself.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Could be a couple things, but most likely refreshing the motor would give you the biggest improvement. If the brushes are getting worn then the drag brake will decrease as well since the springs won't be able to exert as much force on them.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Do you have the same when in rear dig? Have you done any motor maintenance recently?

Not real familar w the mix unit you run, but a guy in our club has a very similar set up and ive noticed his do this to some extant. My old punk dig would also freewheel some when digging too. My dual mamba micros lock up tight w 4pk though. It was a very noticable difference when i switched.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Could be a couple things, but most likely refreshing the motor would give you the biggest improvement. If the brushes are getting worn then the drag brake will decrease as well since the springs won't be able to exert as much force on them.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm thinking maybe my wannasummit mix
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
I'm thinking maybe my wannasummit mix
I dont see how it could be. As long as it is telling your esc to stay centered then it is not at fault. You could check by plugging two servos into it and going to dig and then pull some throttle and see if the rear servo "esc" moves at all.

I agree with the others. Sounds like your motors need some love.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Swap out the motors and see if it still has the same symptoms if not you know the problem. If you still have the same sympton swap the esc's and eliminate them. If neither one of those works the last thing would be the wantasummit.
PowerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
like it says, i just installed 2 mamba micro pros in my xr, im running hh 45tpro motors [maybe 30 runs on them] ,3s 850tp,im useing the wantasummit mix for dx3r. so i calibrated the 2 controllers together,used v1.24 castle software everything is set to full on crawler brake and when i dig the rear wheels roll, vs locking up and dragging. this is driving me nuts. why would i have a weak dig in the rear? thanks for any help
I have an almost identical setup.
MM front ESC, Micro Pro rear ESC, both using v1.24 firmware, exact same throttle & brake curves in each, same basic settings in the ESC program, running on a Futaba 3PM-x & a Wannamix.

Now, before everyone jumps on me about the motors, I was running the same rig & motors with the MM as a single ESC and a servo dig. Everything worked fine.
Added the Micro Pro & wannamix and the rear axle won't "lock" when I want it to. There is some drag to the rear axle, but not a lot.
I only have a few packs through it, but I am curious to see what the resolution to this is.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Maybe try bumping up your 3rd ch. end points...Its worth a shot.

Try the servos to see if it is the wantAmix
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote