Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TQ3 or TQ4 2.4Ghz for front AND rear proportional steering?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TQ3 or TQ4 2.4Ghz for front AND rear proportional steering?

Hello,
I read a lot of threads on the TQ3 and not so much on the TQ4...
The only thing I'v found was a mod for rear steering on a TQ3, but this is not a proportional steering, it's full left or full right...
Actually, by using the trims (and maybe reverse fonctions on them, if they have that) I would like to be able to keep a proportinal steering like that:

My stock TX is a 3 channel fm radio with those steering mods programmed inside and my RX have 4 slots (so a 4 channels RX I guess)

I'm thinking of buying a TQ3 (3channels TX) or TQ4 (4 channels TX) 2.4Ghz combo (with 5 channels RX), but I dont know which one to chose.

Some help would be great

Last edited by Big Pitt; 05-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Big Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pitt View Post
Hello,
I read a lot of threads on the TQ3 and not so much on the TQ4...
The only thing I'v found was a mod for rear steering on a TQ3, but this is not a proportional steering, it's full left or full right...
Actually, by using the trims (and maybe reverse fonctions on them, if they have that) I would like to be able to keep a proportinal steering like that:

My stock TX is a 3 channel fm radio with those steering mods programmed inside and my RX have 4 slots (so a 4 channels RX I guess)

I'm thinking of buying a TQ3 (3channels TX) or TQ4 (4 channels TX) 2.4Ghz combo (with 5 channels RX), but I dont know which one to chose.

Some help would be great
I don't think either 2.4 tq has analog aux channel, but i may be wrong haven't played with them much. wantasummit knows alot more about the tq 2.4's than i do...check the tq3 sticky it mentions modding the 2.4 tq for a 3 pos 3rd channel but i don't remember how or why it works
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

There are a couple of issues with using the TQ3 or TQ4 for what you want. The aux channels don't have end point adjustment and they can't be run proportional.

You could live without proportional and use a 3TP adapter to set up your 3 positions and run your rear steer independent of the front.

You could use a rear steer computer. It would act like your current TX, but typically would only have 3 of the 4 modes from your picture.

You could choose a different radio if you don't already have the TQ3 or TQ4.

And of course you could get something more custom and exactly what you like from losikid.
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I keep searching and i've fond those RX:
Radiolink T4EU
http://www.radiolink.com.cn/upload/2...1270694380.pdf

Those are for planes, but would I be abble to use them for a crawler, changing the channels use and having my front/rear proportinal steering?
Big Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote