No 7 12.96%
I like pudding 14 25.93%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Do you have a GT3B?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Lightbulb Do you have a GT3B?

Looking for people who have a gt3b. Working on a few projects and one of them is a 3 pos diy mod package which will include programmer, all the stuff to do it, real easy and simple instructions. Just wondering what priority level i need to set on this, as it'll be a big chunk of change to order programmers in bulk
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Will it work on my GT-3?
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
Will it work on my GT-3?
no only the gt3b...i'll also offer pimped out gt3b's too, install bearings, install firmware, install aux switches and such, free update programming service (just pay shipping). But diy comes first beings the custom 3b's will be more popular once firmware allows mixing, then some difficult modding will be needed.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I use one. I would be interested in your mod.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I just picked one up and would be interested...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

thought about getting one. Still might, your mod would be a deal closer for sure....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I have one.

After throwing a 3s lipo in, and installing a foam grip, it's awesome. The range totally destroys my Spekky radios.

I'd like to see some stuff that you have done.
slashracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

i use one for 5 out of 8 of my rc's. the only reason its not in my losi cc is the 3ch 2pos and the same reason for my tamiya knight hauler. if you came out with everything to have the 3pos switch only my micro wouldnt use it
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
i use one for 5 out of 8 of my rc's. the only reason its not in my losi cc is the 3ch 2pos and the same reason for my tamiya knight hauler. if you came out with everything to have the 3pos switch only my micro wouldnt use it
Yep it will turn the 3rd channel into 3 pos or a linear channel

Eventually (not soon) it will support dual esc mixing and 4WS mixing. But 3 pos is alot closer
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Subscrided, keeping an eye on this thread Great idea man, any inside detials as to what it involves to get working and what this programmer does? Estimated pricing?
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I gots one and am in need....so hurry up
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Subscrided, keeping an eye on this thread Great idea man, any inside detials as to what it involves to get working and what this programmer does? Estimated pricing?
Afew solder joints, downloading a few things to the computer, drilling a hole. Real simple stuff.

The programmer will write to firmware to the radio which will let a 3 pos switch be added to the 3rd channel. It also fixes epa's, expo, trim, etc. And it'll even allow you to extend pass the standard max epa's so you can get more servo throw...if the servo is capable of it.

Also (not soon) the firmware will support dual esc mixing and 4ws mixing...and possibly up to 8 channels.

I'm not writing this firmware, so i have no ideas when it'll be updated for mixing stuff, but 3 pos should be here real soon.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I've been thinking about getting 1 or 2 and the programmer, if you offer a kit, that would be great. I would order one from you
big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I have one and need to buy more recievers........... I'd be down for more upgrades, the firmware upgrade was fun to do and a 3 pos. switch would be great. Was it the 9 channel receiver that bound to this radio? Curious how adding mixing and other options with come through with the limited lcd panel.
bent70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Got Worms?

Ok so i have parts on the way, to get instructions written up and a finalized parts list on what will be needed. 3 pos should be unlocked in the firmware, but i have to test it and make sure, and mixing is in the works right now i think.

There's also a 6ch version of the firmware, i'm going to look into how to adapt this as well into the diy kit, try to make a universal one. I think final shipped price will be around $20-30 and it includes the $15 programmer and all the switches and instructions to make it work. This is about how much you'd spend to have someone flash the firmware so i think its a reasonable price even though the radio only cost $35

I'll have tech and vendor threads up here in a week or two once i have finalized info.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

So 45 bucks and I would be able to use a dig switch the normal way?

I would be in on that.

My GT3B will be here thursday. No dig yet but plans for it in the future.

Justin
WILDMAN442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Ok so i have parts on the way, to get instructions written up and a finalized parts list on what will be needed. 3 pos should be unlocked in the firmware, but i have to test it and make sure, and mixing is in the works right now i think.

There's also a 6ch version of the firmware, i'm going to look into how to adapt this as well into the diy kit, try to make a universal one. I think final shipped price will be around $20-30 and it includes the $15 programmer and all the switches and instructions to make it work. This is about how much you'd spend to have someone flash the firmware so i think its a reasonable price even though the radio only cost $35

I'll have tech and vendor threads up here in a week or two once i have finalized info.
Nice buddy, thats super affordable in the thick of things, I'm buying a gt3b today for my daughter so this is a must have for me now
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Nice buddy, thats super affordable in the thick of things, I'm buying a gt3b today for my daughter so this is a must have for me now
Yea I don't think futaba or spektrum can pull a price lower than this When i first got into radios my goal was 250 for a dual esc radio since the 4pk was the only radio at that time. But as soon as i got my vendor star 4pl came out and now the 3c. But i think the wantamix and this gt3b hack/service will be the cheapest options for quite awhile

Anyways late next week i should have prices and everything finalized. Along with instructions and a more complete manual than what comes with the firmware. I'm going to try and get a pre-order of 5-10 going because my pockets arn't very deep right now. If anyones interested send me a pm.

I will say right now though, the lcd on the gt3b is very limited, so setting it up will require the use of a manual. I'll be sure to make it clear and easy, but it won't be as user friendly as the 4pk/4pl/dx3c/etc.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Just ordered 2 of these because my spectrum took a crap. Hope to see the upgrades soon
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I would buy a GT3B if this makes the light of day.
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote