Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: dual fxr question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default dual fxr question

Ok, so I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't. I already have a single fxr from a shafty, however I just got an xr10 and want to switch to dual fxr's. If I buy another one will I have to make sure that they have the same software updates? Also is a tekin hotwire needed to make it work or just helpful. Thanks in advance.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukwylde View Post
Ok, so I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't. I already have a single fxr from a shafty, however I just got an xr10 and want to switch to dual fxr's. If I buy another one will I have to make sure that they have the same software updates? Also is a tekin hotwire needed to make it work or just helpful. Thanks in advance.
You only need to program them the same if you except them to work in unison. Depending how old your first FXR is will determine the firmware, all the updates are on Tekin's site.

The Hotwire is only useful if you want to update the firmware or set a low voltage cutoff other than 3 volts per cell. All the other settings are obtainable with the buttons on board.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Ok so I am a bit confused. Don't they NEED to work in unison to work properly or does it not matter because they are on seperate channels?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok so I am a bit confused. Don't they NEED to work in unison to work properly or does it not matter because they are on seperate channels?
As with most ESC's (of the same type/brand) the same firmware in each is preferred, but is they are similar (no major revisions) they should be OK.

Having a HotWire to program each FXR is the best bet (or having someone local that has one....).
You may be able to make radio adjustments to compensate for minor differences in firmware/programming.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
You are mixing the channels unless you can move three controls at once and that's assuming you have a wheel radio with a 3rd channel throttle control. You may be able to with a stick radio but it would be nice if both motors were in sync.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
You are mixing the channels unless you can move three controls at once and that's assuming you have a wheel radio with a 3rd channel throttle control. You may be able to with a stick radio but it would be nice if both motors were in sync.
OK. I think I'm getting this now. Since I will be channel mixing they SHOULD preferably (but not a necessity) have the same firmware. So I will should find someone local who has a hotwire or purchase one myself. It takes me a while but I get there eventually. Thanks for all the help everyone.