RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html)

losikid 07-17-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette66_00 (Post 3189816)
sub menu rev 3 4WS, NOL, 1%, NOR, NOO

Why a 1% step rate, shouldn't it be 100% ?

Quote:

Steering Front is plugged into Channel 2
Steering Rear is Plugged into Channel 4
CH 2? CH 1 is steering Ch 2 is th

Quote:

Only thing I would like to see on this is in the main menu under TRIM to have the ability to trim the other channels not just 1 and 2. I had to adjust the linkage to accommodate the lack of trimming the back servo, it still not perfect but it works.
Sub-trim my friend, long click on trim "thumbsup"

vette66_00 07-17-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3189839)
Why a 1% step rate, shouldn't it be 100% ?

CH 2? CH 1 is steering Ch 2 is th

Sub-trim my friend, long click on trim "thumbsup"

Sorry your right it is Channel 1. I don't think it matters since the 1% is the step if using a button. I will change it to see. trying sub trim.

EDIT:

1% or 100% doesn't matter. SUB TRIM is my new friend that worked very well. Thanks

JokersWild 07-17-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette66_00 (Post 3190056)
Sorry your right it is Channel 1. I don't think it matters since the 1% is the step if using a button. I will change it to see. trying sub trim.

EDIT:

1% or 100% doesn't matter. SUB TRIM is my new friend that worked very well. Thanks

Yea mine didnt work on 1%. Works on 100% "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Now if i could get my C3 rig done. LMAO

losikid 07-17-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette66_00 (Post 3190056)

EDIT:

At 1% though it should slowly mix f/r like proportional mixing on esc (same thing, just diff channels) at 100% you should go only rear, mix, only front...i'm gonna brake out my gt3b now to see.

losikid 07-17-2011 04:38 PM

Yea 1% doesn't give rear only, mix, front only...only 100% does

Ravenseye 07-17-2011 06:40 PM

So I ordered one of these radios tonight based on the fine work of all of you :)

I will be getting the hack kit in the next few weeks so I can dig in (HA) and get to work playing with it!

I will have questions, and I will be coming either here, or over on RCtech as I am going to register there too, for asking the experts :)

Silly quick question, will this hacking work for the Turnigy 9x radio? I already have that one....

Thanks for the inspiration guys! and I look forward to learning a lot with you!

-Mike (Ravenseye)

losikid 07-17-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenseye (Post 3190253)
So I ordered one of these radios tonight based on the fine work of all of you :)

I will be getting the hack kit in the next few weeks so I can dig in (HA) and get to work playing with it!

I will have questions, and I will be coming either here, or over on RCtech as I am going to register there too, for asking the experts :)

Silly quick question, will this hacking work for the Turnigy 9x radio? I already have that one....

Thanks for the inspiration guys! and I look forward to learning a lot with you!

-Mike (Ravenseye)

I'm happy to answer any questions you throw at me.

As for the 9x, no this hack kit will not work with it, however i can get you hooked up with a solder-free programmer and er9x (new firmware) for you. Just send me a email, losikid@overkillrc.com

Ravenseye 07-18-2011 09:04 AM

So, silly thought I had this morning...

This radio, http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...odId=SPM2800US , has these little modules that swap into the top of the thing to give it different functionality.

Can there be room in the GT3B radio for this sort of plug-in hardware to give easier/more control over functions?

-Mike

losikid 07-18-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenseye (Post 3190945)
So, silly thought I had this morning...

This radio, http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...odId=SPM2800US , has these little modules that swap into the top of the thing to give it different functionality.

Can there be room in the GT3B radio for this sort of plug-in hardware to give easier/more control over functions?

-Mike

No, theres no place really to do anything like that on the gt3b

losikid 07-18-2011 08:50 PM

Ok the bug for trim has been solved, a new firmware release will be out soon.

Also i found out a new feature for the gt3b, use it as the controller on video games such as motorm4x

I'll be getting details worked on later, as there's stuff i want to experiment with.

losikid 07-18-2011 08:57 PM

I'm also offering modded gt3b's, see my website for price info

spoo76 07-18-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3192051)
Ok the bug for trim has been solved, a new firmware release will be out soon.

Also i found out a new feature for the gt3b, use it as the controller on video games such as motorm4x

I'll be getting details worked on later, as there's stuff i want to experiment with.

Ive seen others use that B4 but Ive never bothered to try it as I wasnt sure it still worked with the new firmware.
Do you happen to know of the Hk T6a V2 will work with the PC with the USB programing cord for it? Ive been curious about heli's and figured I would try a trainer/sim program

losikid 07-18-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 3192074)
Ive seen others use that B4 but Ive never bothered to try it as I wasnt sure it still worked with the new firmware.
Do you happen to know of the Hk T6a V2 will work with the PC with the USB programing cord for it? Ive been curious about heli's and figured I would try a trainer/sim program

It should, you may have to buy a sim cable though for it...they're cheap

spoo76 07-18-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3192077)
It should, you may have to buy a sim cable though for it...they're cheap

Assuming its the same as the programing cable I already have it. looks like a PS/2 to USB. Ill Google it and see if it needs any drivers

losikid 07-18-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 3192096)
Assuming its the same as the programing cable I already have it. looks like a PS/2 to USB. Ill Google it and see if it needs any drivers

yea its identical to the programmer cord

JokersWild 07-18-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3192065)
I'm also offering modded gt3b's, see my website for price info

Wondered how long it would be till you just started selling them already hacked.
"thumbsup"

Still cheaper then DX3C :lmao:

Hey and Austin. What would you call the cord the plugs into "DSC" for gaming?

losikid 07-18-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokersWild (Post 3192273)
Wondered how long it would be till you just started selling them already hacked.
"thumbsup"

Still cheaper then DX3C :lmao:

I'm also working on a custom gt3b builder. Which will allow all the buttons to be moved, and possible transformed into other kinds of switchs. However i am still experimenting to get a better understanding of how it all works, so i can make options as universal as possible. However a custom build will range from 150-250+

Cheaper than just about any computer radio, besides other chinese ones.

i have no clue what the cord would be called...some sort of simulator cable that takes the ppm output of the radio, and translates it so the computer can read it.

spoo76 07-19-2011 09:05 PM

just Flashed the new 4.0 firmware. Works fine under XP mode so long as its plugged in correctly :lmao:

DwaneO 07-19-2011 11:33 PM

Got some batteries for my Tx this evening...about 15 min later I was done with the Hack N Flash ,and ready to start the setup.
Kick Ass product

Will try mapping all the buttons tomorrow when I get a few servos hooked to the RX.

Thanks

forbid89 07-20-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokersWild (Post 3192273)

This is the cord I used to use my older airtronics radio as a joystick for simulators.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-RC-Simulator...item2c5df706b1

Did your GT3B not come with a USB adapter in the box? Both the ones I bought from hobbypartz did.