RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html)

losikid 07-02-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benoj (Post 3169246)
i was having the same problem as spoo76 on the family comp with 7 with it saying a problem occured and it will need to close the program so i tried it on my own comp with 7 and it didnt do it, instead the instant i hit program it says not responding but if i leave it for a min or 2 it responds and programs it fine. dam newer computers

Yea according to the error message spoo76 posted, windows 7 is basically trying to prevent a virus. There is the same protection in xp and vista but the driver disables it, it must not disable it in 7. I'll look around and see if i can find out if windows 7 for sure is the problem, and if there is a fix...windows 7 users may have to use the more expensive st link which can program all st micro chips not just the stm8s.

losikid 07-02-2011 02:59 PM

Ok i have the usb, 4pin extension, and header all up on my site, i don't have any extra programmers so i haven't added that yet.

If you already have one of my hack kits, all you need for additional radios is one of these

http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=5399079

vette66_00 07-02-2011 03:20 PM

First off I wanted to say awesome job Losikid putting this kit together. "thumbsup"

So I have several PC's (8 to be exact lol) My newest box is having the same issues as the others although I am working in XP (7 is the devil) I got it working on my laptop with the same XP version as the box. I am thinking it must be something with an update or screwy driver. I am working on it and will try it on my windows 7 box that also does not work. Looking for a solution for those that don't have a couple boxes to try.

getbent 07-02-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3169230)
yea you just need another header...i'll go add them to my site, i have like hundred of them, i'll also add the other stuff as well.

Programming is real simple...if you need help lmk. I'm still trying to get caught up on afew other things, but i'm hoping i can spend some more time making a easier manual to use here late next week.

Thanks for the info, I'm building a rig for my daughter and if this hack works well for me, I am going to get her the same radio. Thanks for offering the connector seperately, now I dont have to scour the net to find one. I almost feel bad @ $.75 though, wouldnt mind paying a few bucks for one, saves me a trip to FRY's! Thanks!"thumbsup"

losikid 07-02-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getbent (Post 3169328)
Thanks for the info, I'm building a rig for my daughter and if this hack works well for me, I am going to get her the same radio. Thanks for offering the connector seperately, now I dont have to scour the net to find one. I almost feel bad @ $.75 though, wouldnt mind paying a few bucks for one, saves me a trip to FRY's! Thanks!"thumbsup"

I buy them in big long strips and cut them down, most of the $.75 is the paypal fee, also remember shipping costs...

rockhugger 07-02-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getbent (Post 3169122)
My kit made it in thursday, thanks for the fast shipping. Installation should be a breeze, but after reading through the programming instructions, I have to admit Im a little overwhelmed now. Hopefully losikid's programming instructions will be a little easier to understand for a computer illiterate fellow such as myself, lol.. One quick question, if I buy a second transmitter, can I use my current kit to program it too? Or would I have to buy another kit? I know I would have to buy another 4 pin connector to solder onto the tx board, but that shouldnt be a problem. Just wondering

same here, got mine Thursday but haven't messed with it yet.

thanks Losikid. I ordered my 6ch rx's the day I did a pre order so it's just waiting on me now :ror:

DwaneO 07-03-2011 03:49 PM

OK....would this make the ultimate scaler radio. With throttle , steering + 6 more 3 position chanels?

What are the options with this radio?
I have a DX3S that just aint gona cut it in the TTC build.

boosted4lyf 07-03-2011 03:56 PM

I bought this radio just for my scaler,it has a lot of options especially with the hack,not to mention, it also has farther range than spectrum

losikid 07-03-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwaneO (Post 3170424)
OK....would this make the ultimate scaler radio. With throttle , steering + 6 more 3 position chanels?

What are the options with this radio?
I have a DX3S that just aint gona cut it in the TTC build.

Yea its the ultimate scaler radio

Um theres 2 3 pos switches, then 2 (2) push button switches, that will act as a 3 pos, then theres 2 or 3 single push button switches that can do up to 8 positions.

The 3 pos switches, and 2 push buttons can be programmed so they can act as single push buttons, giving you 11 8 position switches max...if you were to use them this way.

The ch 3 button can be converted to a 3 pos, so you could actually have 5 3 pos switches.

losikid 07-03-2011 11:02 PM

Who has broken their board in two?

vette66_00 07-03-2011 11:27 PM

I will if you replace it if it does not work afterward.

never mind I see you figured it out at rctech

spoo76 07-03-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3170884)

I did when it was suggested b4. just got back into town so hopefully I can get cracking on this again tomorrow

sloppy 07-04-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 3170884)

I did.. I could not get it to program till I did.. worked fine after

benoj 07-04-2011 11:27 AM

i broke mine in 2 so i knew it would read it.

losikid 07-04-2011 11:50 AM

ok well when i broke mine in two it gave me worse fits than when they were together. So if you have broken yours in two, and it still won't read swim, here's the procedure i have had to do.

Plug in radio to programmer
Plug programmer into computer
open up stvp
open up your new firmware
click program tab (it will say couldn't read swim)
Now turn your power button on (nothing should happen (your radio should have batts in it))
Click program tab again
Your done, now unplug the radio and setup your models.

losikid 07-04-2011 12:01 PM

rx's that will work

6CH Receiver at Hobby Partz

6CH Receiver at HobbyKing

3CH Receiver at HobbyKing

8CH Receiver at HobbyKing

8CH Receiver at R2 Hobbies

3CH Receiver at R2 Hobbies

and i bet the new axial ar-3 will work too
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/wrait...er_176x146.jpg

GRIMGREG 07-04-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benoj (Post 3169246)
i was having the same problem as spoo76 on the family comp with 7 with it saying a problem occured and it will need to close the program so i tried it on my own comp with 7 and it didnt do it, instead the instant i hit program it says not responding but if i leave it for a min or 2 it responds and programs it fine. dam newer computers

With 7 it might be a program you need to right click on and "run as administrator". I know a lot of programs that will just bump you out if you don't.

losikid 07-04-2011 12:13 PM

I'm slowly populating post #2 with quick access links to everything,

losikid 07-04-2011 12:28 PM

Hobbypartz just ran out of stock on the GT3B :shock: i guess they weren't expecting a jump in sells.

losikid 07-04-2011 08:42 PM

I looked for quite awhile, cheapest place to get them is ebay and their about $50 shipped from china :shock: There's also afew actual auctions that will probably go abit cheaper.