Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Replace axial 2.4?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Replace axial 2.4?

I have a wraith that is being built up. I am wondering how much would be gained from ditching the stock transmitter. I have a 4pl which is sweet but I would like an extra tx so friends can use it. I have dumped a lot of money on this truck so I don't want to spend unless it is worth it. And I don't think extra channels will be necessary, I don't plan on running a winch or anything on this rig....
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

I think the 3PLs are down to about $100 and would be fine for your friends to use. One option I was looking at, Tower Hobbies has (in their scratch & dent area) a 3PL transmitter, no receiver or servos, just the Tx for $40. I wanted to get it, as I have the 2PL and already run the FHSS rx's. But, at this time I just have no real need for the channel mixing or third channel, plus, I really like my 2PL.

Don't know if that's any kinda answer you were looking for.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Got Worms?

I'm 99.99% positive that the Flysky GT2 and the GT3B Will bind right up to the new axial radios. the gt2 is like $20 and the gt3b is $35 at hobbypartz...The gt3b would be a nice cheap upgrade that'll give you a computer radio to adjust epa's, model memory, etc. Cheap rx's too. Also its a great builder radio, right now with afew extra $'s it can go up to 8 ch's and has full mixing capabilities and plenty of 3 pos switches.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote