Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New Tekin esc's and they don't turn on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #1

Default New Tekin esc's and they don't turn on!

Ok guys I have an axial xr10 with duel Tekin fxr 45t motor combos. I'm running s castle creation bec. Everything worked at the start becides one esc wouldn't find reverse then fought on fire, which burned the other one up as well because it was sitting right next to it. Tekin replaced the 2 fxr's and I pulled red pin out like your supposed to when running separate bec. I can't get any power in motors.

I've checked motors and they work, bec powers servo and receiver well. The new fxr's will not turn on with the red pin missing, and won't move the motors if I connect red pin... Any ideas?
Jophuss36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Are you running the power from the BEC directly to the servo or the receiver? If you are powering only the servo then the red wires have to be attached. If you are feeding the receiver from the BEC then you pull the red wires.

Regardless the ESCs should light up if the battery is attached in the correct polarity.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #3

I'm runnin power from the bec to receiver and it worked before with the red wires disconnected I even tried plugging It in place of the servo but got nothing. Is there a possibility of 2 more bad esc's?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

That would be doubtful to have two new ESCs be bad. Go over your wiring again, sounds like you missed something.

You do have the battery + going to both ESC + and the - to both ESC -. Do you have the BEC connected to the battery? Are the switches on?

When you turn it on does the servo work? Do you have everything correct at the receiver.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would double check the wiring. I know it sounds stupid but the power wires from the battery aren't reversed? That is the only reason I can think of that would cause the esc to turn on. Otherwise I would contact tekin again.
JonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
That would be doubtful to have two new ESCs be bad. Go over your wiring again, sounds like you missed something.

You do have the battery + going to both ESC + and the - to both ESC -. Do you have the BEC connected to the battery? Are the switches on?

When you turn it on does the servo work? Do you have everything correct at the receiver.
+1.
As asked, does the steering work?
Is the battery polarity correct to the ESC's?
Does the RX light up?
If no steering but the RX lights up maybe recheck the binding of the TX to the RX.
Then, recalibrate the ESC's to the RX (likely your issue).
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #7

Yes my steering works, I have a green light on the receiver and il go threw tomorrow and recheck my wiring tomorrow.. It's weird y I get power to esc when red wire was connected then when I disconnected it there is no power! Humm...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophuss36 View Post
Yes my steering works, I have a green light on the receiver and I'll go through and recheck my wiring tomorrow.. It's weird why I get power to esc when red wire was connected then when I disconnected it there is no power! Humm...
Are the ESC to RX plugs set with the black or brown wire towards the edge of the RX when plugged in?
Did you try recalibrating the ESC's to the RX?

I doubt your luck is so bad as to have more ESC issues at this point.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophuss36 View Post
Yes my steering works, I have a green light on the receiver and il go threw tomorrow and recheck my wiring tomorrow.. It's weird y I get power to esc when red wire was connected then when I disconnected it there is no power! Humm...
The red wires are irrelevent in powering up the ESCs, they get their power from the battery. It's the receiver that gets it's power from the ESC. So go back and recheck all your connections insuring that you have the proper polarities. Also be sure that the ESC's switches are in the on position.

Check what Charlie said that the ESC signal wire (white) is toward the inside of the receiver and the ground wire (black) is toward the outside.

One last thing and this depends on your radio, you may need to use the servo reverse function for the ESCs.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #10

Problem was my deans t connector
Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

-Sorry you had issues
-Glad you found an easy resolution
-Thanks for following up.