Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX3S or DX3R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #1

Default DX3S or DX3R

Hi, I´m just to upgrade my stock transmitter (SXC10 TR) and due to my budget I´m between the Spektrum DX3S or the DX3R, I know the main difference between both of them is the telemetry and the DSM2 modulation, but I want to know witch one is the best for crawling in terms of software functions.
larryoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley View Post
Hi, I´m just to upgrade my stock transmitter (SXC10 TR) and due to my budget I´m between the Spektrum DX3S or the DX3R, I know the main difference between both of them is the telemetry and the DSM2 modulation, but I want to know witch one is the best for crawling in terms of software functions.

Which one will depend on what you expect to do.

If you just need a 3 position 3rd channel for dig then the DX3R is your choice. I take it you are looking at used ones because the DX3R has been discontinued in favor of the DX3R Pro. If not used then it will be left over inventory and I would offer a lower price then the vendor is asking. (You can get the Pro for $270 and up).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley View Post
I would get either one, take a look at the 4pl as it is a radio that can grow with you and it has great support on here. Plus it costs as much or less than both of those radios. I was able to pick mine up for 190
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Don't forget about the Dx3c either. Should be able to do anything you need it to for far less than any other option!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

the 4pl would be a better choice becuse it is a 4ch and the 3c is also good if you want to stay under 150, but my sugestion would be the 4pl.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Got Worms?

Between the two i'd say the 3r

But there are other options, a hacked gt3b has aton of features, and one of the cheapest computer radios you can buy, cheap rx's too...if you wanted to go with brand name the 4pl seems to be the most popular, but price is abit hefty and they really get you on extra rx's.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote