Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Speed Controller Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Speed Controller Issue

Hello all,
I recently purchased an AX10 and have only used a few times. I think there is something wrong with the stock speed controller tho, I have power and steering but no throttle. The sc beeps and blinks red. I have tried re-programming and even re-binding transmitter with no luck.
The last time I ran it, it stopped running and I thought it was the lipo cut off, when I reached down to pick it up the motor went full forward without any input from the transmitter and I had to turn it off to get it to stop, it actually did the same thing last night when I re-prorammed it the second time then went back to not working,
Anyone have this same issue? I know axial's electronics are not that good, but don't really have the funds right now to upgrade.
Any help or input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
stonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

if its blinking just red your throttle trim is off and needs to be adjusted back to its neutral setting for it to start-up, if you have the newer axial ae-2 esc. if its their first one its junk.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
if its blinking just red your throttle trim is off and needs to be adjusted back to its neutral setting for it to start-up, if you have the newer axial ae-2 esc. if its their first one its junk.
+1.

I believe those ESC's are similar to Castles in their LED blinks. From their troubleshooting:
Flashing Green OR Red = Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0.

Set your TX throttle trim to "0", throttle EPA's to 100%, then recalibrate the ESC to the RX.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys. I am almost positive thats what it is....I feel like such a dummy....lol....same thing happened to me with my b4.1 a while ago...you'd think I'd learn. I'm going to check first thing when I get home.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonzo View Post
Thanks guys. I am almost positive thats what it is....I feel like such a dummy....lol....same thing happened to me with my b4.1 a while ago...you'd think I'd learn. I'm going to check first thing when I get home.
Check it out & let us know. Your "brain fart" may help someone else out down the road if that is what it was.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Didn't work. Still no power to the motor. I"m gonna call Axial this morning.