Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: M2 dig esc with external BEC glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default M2 dig esc with external BEC glitch

Just built me XR10, everything is wired up all seems well but around half throttle to full throttle i get a slight glitch in my steering with bec in place. If i remove the BEC its all good. Im running a 3s 1300mah lipo, MG642 servo so its nothing serious either, must i use a bec or can i get away with out it? novak says this esc is good with 3s as long as included cooling fan is used.... any thought are appreciated!

Last edited by Elliott000; 07-29-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Elliott000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

They say ..... guys on this forum.... that you must use a external bec w/ the m2 w/ 3s (must do). Mine glitches when bound. I need to try to sort it out. I think that the bec is not enough ( the factory one)? Im going to hook up a castle bec and try it? Im running 3s w/ Max amp battery. Ive got a jr 9100 servo w novak black can 45 turn motors. My wraith stopped progress on the xr10. Wraith is a lot of fun!!!!
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by im gunna crawl View Post
They say ..... guys on this forum.... that you must use a external bec w/ the m2 w/ 3s (must do). Mine glitches when bound. I need to try to sort it out. I think that the bec is not enough ( the factory one)? Im going to hook up a castle bec and try it? Im running 3s w/ Max amp battery. Ive got a jr 9100 servo w novak black can 45 turn motors. My wraith stopped progress on the xr10. Wraith is a lot of fun!!!!
I have awraith too lol good time for sure but now this has me stumped.... maybe ill be the ginnnie pig and run with no bec until i fry it and let everyone know lol.... just dont tell the wife why i need another 140 bucks
Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
Just built me XR10, everything is wired up all seems well but around half throttle to full throttle i get a slight glitch in my steering with bec in place. If i remove the BEC its all good. Im running a 3s 1300mah lipo, MG642 servo so its nothing serious either, must i use a bec or can i get away with out it? novak says this esc is good with 3s as long as included cooling fan is used.... any thought are appreciated!
Use the search feature on this site and do some research on the novak unit. There is tons of info on your problem and most of it specific to your problem with the bec. The m2 was a flop as most of us are concerned. If I remember right the answer was to settle for running their unit as it didn't cooperate with the castle unit
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

had glitch issues with my Castle external BEC. Servos and powered directly by the BEC. I ran only the signal wire to RX and had issues. After being told to also run the ground wire to the RX, it took care of all of my issues. I am using the internal BEC to power the ESC and signal wires to servos. So only red wires that are pulled are the ones off the y-harness that plug into each of my steering servo channels on RX.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i was having issues with mine doing the same,,my steering servo shook like a fatkid in a dodgeball game,,,i had the cc bec wired direct into the servo,,i had changed out the cc bec in favor of the 3amp novak bec,,and all systems go since then,,my rig is on point,no glitch,,i would definately reccomend going with the novak bec...
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Spoke to a Novak rep thismornin, said unless im running a high voltage servo the bec is a waste of space and 3s w/included fan is fine. Dunno what all the him's and haw's are around this esc but im under warranty for a year YeaHH crawl on
Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
Spoke to a Novak rep thismornin, said unless im running a high voltage servo the bec is a waste of space and 3s w/included fan is fine. Dunno what all the him's and haw's are around this esc but im under warranty for a year YeaHH crawl on
Novak reps are full of crap and will tell you anything basically to make you happy. Did he also tell you as you up the voltage to 3s you also drop the voltage output to your receiver and servo?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

went out for a rip today and all seemed well, servo torque was as i had on my wraith or my ax10, esc didnt get hot.... if im to BEC this rig im assumill need a novak one to avoid any steering glitches?