Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 2 servos 2 bec's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Post 2 servos 2 bec's?

if i run dual servos on my rig (for steering) will i also need to run 2 cc bec's?
i couldnt find a wiring diagram so if anyone has one please post a picture or link.

im using 3s lipos, a tekin fxr, and thinking of using 2 hitec HS-5625MG servos at 6.0V
thanks for any help
rod-211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod-211 View Post
if i run dual servos on my rig (for steering) will i also need to run 2 cc bec's?
i couldnt find a wiring diagram so if anyone has one please post a picture or link.

im using 3s lipos, a tekin fxr, and thinking of using 2 hitec HS-5625MG servos at 6.0V
thanks for any help
Are you going to plug each servo into the receiver?

Feed the power from the BEC into the receiver and you'll power both servos from it.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Another option is the CC BEC Pro, it has two outputs so you could power both your servo's directly. It does have a larger footprint though, it's about the size of a sidewinder.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Are you going to plug each servo into the receiver?

Feed the power from the BEC into the receiver and you'll power both servos from it.
yea they will both be plugged into the receiver. but would i have to set the bec to a higher voltage or just to 6 volts? i plan on having them both work at the same. would setting the bec to 6volts be enough for both servos?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Another option is the CC BEC Pro, it has two outputs so you could power both your servo's directly. It does have a larger footprint though, it's about the size of a sidewinder.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
cool i didnt think about the pro version
so basically both servos could be powered off one battery and just the signal wires connected to the receiver? and another battery connected to the speed control to power the motor and receiver?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I run dual servo front steering on my super, I just ran 2 of the regular bec's, pull the signal wire from each servo and put it in it's own connector. Plug the red and black from each servo into the bec's. Signal wires go to a Y harness than into the receiver. Your esc will power up the receiver and the servos will get their power from the bec's.

To power the bec's just take 2 deans connectors solder them together along with the bec power wires and shrink wrap over it. Than you can plug the esc into one end and the batt in the other and all will be powered up off one battery. Clear as mud?
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
I run dual servo front steering on my super, I just ran 2 of the regular bec's, pull the signal wire from each servo and put it in it's own connector. Plug the red and black from each servo into the bec's. Signal wires go to a Y harness than into the receiver. Your esc will power up the receiver and the servos will get their power from the bec's.

To power the bec's just take 2 deans connectors solder them together along with the bec power wires and shrink wrap over it. Than you can plug the esc into one end and the batt in the other and all will be powered up off one battery. Clear as mud?
i had to read it like 10 times but i think i got it lol i came up with this. does it look about right?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yea that should do it, here's a quick phone pic of how I did the deans soldered together with the bec power wires. You can see how the esc will plug into one side and batt will plug into the other. Less wires to have to modify/solder together this way.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yea that should do it, here's a quick phone pic of how I did the deans soldered together with the bec power wires. You can see how the esc will plug into one side and batt will plug into the other. Less wires to have to modify/solder together this way.
ahh i see. that looks hard to solder lol but im gonna try it. thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

what radio are you using? You might want to consider keeping each servo on an independent channel so that you can switch off 4WS if you want.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
what radio are you using? You might want to consider keeping each servo on an independent channel so that you can switch off 4WS if you want.
I think the OP wants 2 servos on the same end of the rig, not front & rear steer.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

if you only plan on running 2 of those lower torque servos you will be fine with 1 bec and can just plug it into the rx along with the servos. the bec should be set at 6v since thats what they are rated for since the bec output voltage and output current dont go together, just with high input voltage the output current goes down.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
if you only plan on running 2 of those lower torque servos you will be fine with 1 bec and can just plug it into the rx along with the servos. the bec should be set at 6v since thats what they are rated for since the bec output voltage and output current dont go together, just with high input voltage the output current goes down.
yea they're not high torque servos. ill try it with one bec first if it works ill just keep it that way. thanks

Quote:
im using a futaba. i figured out how to do the channel mixing so yup im gonna eliminate the y harness and keep each servo in its own channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I think the OP wants 2 servos on the same end of the rig, not front & rear steer.
nope im going for 4ws.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod-211 View Post
nope im going for 4ws.
Well hell, guess I shoulda asked for clarification first instead of assuming. Yea that's alittle different, but your right just eliminate the Y for the signal wire and your good.

Last edited by slowrockr; 10-03-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well hell, guess I shoulda asked for clarification first instead of assuming. Yea that's alittle different, but your right just eliminate the Y for the signal wire and your good.
Cool, thanks everyone!