Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Got a old ESC, want to use it on my Nylint 1/6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Got a old ESC, want to use it on my Nylint 1/6

Hey, I hope someone here can help me out here, maybe someone here knows this ESC

FET Inverter (NEA-950B)

I know nothing about these things, and I dont know what they can handle

It was used in a old Kyosho 2wd truck, with a single motor single battery (6-7cell packs used) setup

I want to use it in my Nylint 1/6, Dual motors(duh) and either dual batteries(if possible) or just run the 1

I hope someone here can help me, if not then I dont plan on cutting up my Nylint to try and make something work out of it...

THANKS GUYS
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Do you plan on using the Nylint 12 volt stock battery or a 7.2 volt pack? Are you planing to replace the radio, receiver and servo?
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkruger
Do you plan on using the Nylint 12 volt stock battery or a 7.2 volt pack? Are you planing to replace the radio, receiver and servo?
Well I did it, I put in a servo for the steering, that POS ESC I have, and a old Traxxas receiver and radio.... I used a 7.2, then used 3 7.2s hooked together, THEN pluged in the 12v Nylint cell... Only runs good with the 12, but my stearing blows because my links are to short and my car is doing this -> \\|_|//

and i would love to get a new ESC, because I think the reason I can not just run the 7.2s is because my old one is a POS, but idk much about it

someone can help me?????

Oh and right now I am ready to take a M80 to it and pick up the pieces and throw them in the trash
Old 05-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Your old ESC may only be able to handle up to 7.2 or 8.4 volts. I am unsure what that model does. Putting too many volts into it can fry it. You may need to reprogram the ESC to match the radio that you are attempting to use. Also if there is a current limiter on the ESC you need to disable it.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkruger
Your old ESC may only be able to handle up to 7.2 or 8.4 volts. I am unsure what that model does. Putting too many volts into it can fry it. You may need to reprogram the ESC to match the radio that you are attempting to use. Also if there is a current limiter on the ESC you need to disable it.
I have spent hours jerking it around,.... I think it if cant hold the volts it shouldnt be alive... so if it cant it will fry and I will buy one that can do the job

Thanks for the help, I will keep playing with it,... need longer LINKS
Old 05-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

It should be fine. Running dual motors though may push it over the edge. The FET's in such an ond ESC can easily handle a 55 turn motor. The higher the turns, the less it draws. Any ESC can handle a 55 turn motor. Now two 55 turn motors would be equivalent to running 1 22 turn motor. What was in it originally ? It can problably handle both. So like you were saying, if you can get the voltage threw it without frying it than your good to go.
joshm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

well I finished it all up tonight

If you want info check my build page, link in sig line

Thanks for the help guys

Pm me if someone has a good rebel 2(or something in that field) for "cheap"