Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: sidewinder bogging.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default sidewinder bogging.

So I am having issues I'm guessing is the sidewinder I have. At times the power will drop off from full to 15% power or I would have no power. Other times I give full thottle but it will only give me about 70% power then slowly power up to 100%. I thought it was hanging brushes so I replaced them and cleaned the motor. Same thing. Replaced the motor with a,new one. Same thing. Newest firmware 1.32 I,think any sugestions
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Is it a sv2 or sct version. Are you running a brushed motor?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Is it a sv2 or sct version. Are you running a brushed motor?
He stated he replaced brushes, so that answers one question.

Does this happen after running the ESC for a while (possibly a heat issue)?
Does it happen when bound up or steering (possible undervoltage issue)?
Does it do the same thing with different battery packs?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Brushed and older v1 sidewinder. Castle bec for lights and servos. The motor is between warm and hot. Can hold fingers on the,can for a long time. Not uncomfortable. Batteries,tried,a few but the same kind. Gen ace 5000mah 40c packs with the bullets wired directly into esc. Setting on castle link are the basic crwaler mode. Locked timing 0 punch control.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

so i think i got it figured out. i changed the firmware back to 1.27. according to this thread Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)
seemed ok with the settings in the store until i took it to some rocks. would not even move. so i tryed manually programming. everything stock settings except brushed mode. worked fine. except no reverse or drag brakes.

got home and unplugged everything so all i had was the esc and reciver. changed each setting back to crawler mode one by one. worked fine each time. plugged everything else back in did it again. plugged the ccbec in and lowered the voltage to 6.5 from 7.2 and its fine. didnt think the bec would cuase problems like that with such huge batteries but i will find out tomorrow if that was really the issue
Old 10-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
so i think i got it figured out. i changed the firmware back to 1.27. according to this thread Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)
seemed ok with the settings in the store until i took it to some rocks. would not even move. so i tryed manually programming. everything stock settings except brushed mode. worked fine. except no reverse or drag brakes.

got home and unplugged everything so all i had was the esc and reciver. changed each setting back to crawler mode one by one. worked fine each time. plugged everything else back in did it again. plugged the ccbec in and lowered the voltage to 6.5 from 7.2 and its fine. didnt think the bec would cuase problems like that with such huge batteries but i will find out tomorrow if that was really the issue
Did you pull the red wire on the esc? you were probably back feeding into your esc causing it to act funny
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote