Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Question about the Flysky GT3B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Default Question about the Flysky GT3B

Hi, I'm a but confused about this radio, does the third channel allow you to control a winch, I mean does it have three positions, like roll-in, stop, roll-out?

Thanks.

Rodrigo.
TamiyaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

why put money on a radio from Hong kong with no history and no tech support when you can buy from USA and support USA jobs and have the comfort of knowing there is support for it and a well made transmitter/receiver.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well for one he's from South America so the whole USA thing might not be a big deal. To actually answer the question out of the box the GT3B only has a 2 position 3rd channel. But if you get flash it to a hacked firmware you can have a 3 position 3rd channel. Losikid sells a well put together hack kit, contact him about international shipping.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

Ok, basically because I bought a RC4WD radio that suddenly decided to go crazy on me and there is no way I can make it work well, and the other radios are way too expensive.

Best regards.
Rodrigo.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Well for one he's from South America so the whole USA thing might not be a big deal. To actually answer the question out of the box the GT3B only has a 2 position 3rd channel. But if you get flash it to a hacked firmware you can have a 3 position 3rd channel. Losikid sells a well put together hack kit, contact him about international shipping.
Thanks a lot for the info, I will contact him.

Best regards.
Rodrigo.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
RCC Addict

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...ch-thread.html

That was on page 2 of the Electronics section. To answer your question, yes you should be able to use a winch with that radio. With the hack, it appears that yes, the switches can be set to a 3-position setup. I own a non-hacked GT3B and like the radio quite a bit. For me, it wasn't a matter of supporting USA made products and well-known products with a lot of support. I would much rather have had a nicer radio setup, but it wasn't in the cards for me to spend $100+ on a radio and $50ish per receiver. I was flat out on a low budget, and bought a radio that got good reviews and had inexpensive receivers that wouldn't require me selling body parts to afford a radio and enough receivers to install in my few vehicles.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...ch-thread.html

That was on page 2 of the Electronics section. To answer your question, yes you should be able to use a winch with that radio. With the hack, it appears that yes, the switches can be set to a 3-position setup. I own a non-hacked GT3B and like the radio quite a bit. For me, it wasn't a matter of supporting USA made products and well-known products with a lot of support. I would much rather have had a nicer radio setup, but it wasn't in the cards for me to spend $100+ on a radio and $50ish per receiver. I was flat out on a low budget, and bought a radio that got good reviews and had inexpensive receivers that wouldn't require me selling body parts to afford a radio and enough receivers to install in my few vehicles.
Thanks for answering, I have the same problem..... low budget!! plus my RC4wd radio went crazy and I have tried everything to fix it but it's a losing task, which it's a shame since when it did work it performed pretty well.

Best regards.
Rodrigo.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
why put money on a radio from Hong kong with no history and no tech support when you can buy from USA and support USA jobs and have the comfort of knowing there is support for it and a well made transmitter/receiver.
So which radios do you know of that are manufactured in the US?????
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
than why are so many people using them
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Who manufactures and makes radios in the us? I ask because I honestly don't know. I always thought Futaba and Spektrum were made overseas and distributed in America. The flysky radios have been around for a while now and offer a great budget option. They must be pretty good if axial is putting them in their new kits with the 2.4 setup. If you were to purchase a hacked one from losikid not only are you supporting American jobs and labor you are supporting a RCC vendor. If you think about the options they offer, the price, and the unreal customer support of losikind no other brand has come close with offering so much for so little.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
You can buy a GT3B from right here in the states, which also supports US jobs (oh and possibly mine),http://www.hobbypartz.com , Flysky has been making radios for years, always have been low budget radios that work decent. Ummmm, i think i provide plenty of "tech support" Pretty much a flysky radio guru. No i'm not the the manufacture, but at $35 a head, if you get a bum radio deal with it and spend another $35.

As for weel made, well they're budget made. Built cheaply with cheap parts. BUT thats how the price is kept low. So yes you're correct on that point, but i haven't heard of any horror stories of the radios just quit working after 6 months.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaFreak View Post
Hi, I'm a but confused about this radio, does the third channel allow you to control a winch, I mean does it have three positions, like roll-in, stop, roll-out?

Thanks.

Rodrigo.
You can run your winch from your two position channel if you like.
I make a winch controller that lets you do that.

Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I picked up my GT3B from Hobbyparts for $35 and also picked up one of the firmware hack kits from LosiKid and i couldn't be happier. by far the best $$ I've spent on my RC so far.

In my SCX
I use the single ch3 push button to switch my summit 2 speed trans
the CH3 trim 3way/slide switch operates my winch on a Heyok winch controller ( great product! )
and the rest are left stock.
eventually I will swap on my R1 Portals with rear steer and will control that from the radio as well.

this also operates my berg on punk dig, eventually dual ESCs
and my many micros as well

every button can be re-mapped and it has multi model memory and 9$ Receivers. many have used them with no complaints and report great performance

IMO hard to beat for the $$ incredible bang for the buck
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

look what I found: TowerHobbies.com | C23325 Integy GT3 3-Channel 2.4GHz Radio System RTR Upgrade

Looks like a re-badged GT3B to me... & only $59.99...lol

don't know if that was posted before.

I'm planning on getting one of these to try, for the $ everyone says they are worth it...

Last edited by R/CMaxximus5.0; 10-25-2011 at 08:22 PM.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
look what I found: TowerHobbies.com | C23325 Integy GT3 3-Channel 2.4GHz Radio System RTR Upgrade

Looks like a re-badged GT3B to me... & only $59.99...
It is for sure, I see the flysky logo just above the wheel.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post

Looks like a re-badged GT3B to me... & only $59.99...lol

don't know if that was posted before.

I'm planning on getting one of these to try, for the $ everyone says they are worth it...

Wonder how their warrenty is.....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
It is for sure, I see the flysky logo just above the wheel.
x2, doesn't even looked rebadged, at least hobbyking and eurgle trys
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Why does Integy have an AOL email? Is the bigger question we all should be asking.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Why does Integy have an AOL email? Is the bigger question we all should be asking.
Because they're americans online, duh.

i have an aol account, i haven't logged on though for years...my mom still uses hers frequently though, and has her and my step dads business email accn'ts through it, i keep telling her a domain name only cost like $10 and i can add it to my package for free and do email forwarding to her aol. BUT no, gotta stick with aol.com

I'm sure integy has some stubborn old lady too that isn't ready to move past aol and ie.

Google for the win

lol
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Because they're americans online, duh.

i have an aol account, i haven't logged on though for years...my mom still uses hers frequently though, and has her and my step dads business email accn'ts through it, i keep telling her a domain name only cost like $10 and i can add it to my package for free and do email forwarding to her aol. BUT no, gotta stick with aol.com

I'm sure integy has some stubborn old lady too that isn't ready to move past aol and ie.

Google for the win

lol
Ok so call me dumb for asking this but I honestly have no idea what a firmware hack kit is, I imagine that you take the flysky radio and do some hardware modification so that it can run a winch, is that it? or you sell a hardware that connects to the radio in order to be able to run the winch? don't laugh but I am far more newbie than you guys, I just hack my Bruisers with stampede trannys, change servo to the front, and that's about as far as I go.

Best regards.
Rodrigo.