Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle repair?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Castle repair?

I am looking for someone from castle that is on this forum i think, the reason is i sent 2 of my esc to get swapped for new units, non warranty, but they arrived over 10 days ago and haven't heard back from them, and before anyone starts ripping me a new one, i e-mailed them 3 times if they had received them and asking about the turn around time to no avail , i tried calling but repairs department only asnwer at certain hours and even then you just get a recording, so i talked to tech to see if they could help me out and got nowhere there, i am only wanting if they were received by them as fed ex shows them delivered, again i am not asking for my stuff to be ready now just need to know they got there.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Last time i sent some esc's to get swaped out it took almost a month
juan916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Good luck with contacting Castle.

They have had so many complaints they went into corporate hideing,
and by my situation, have no clue when they will show their face again....
cogfounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan916 View Post
Last time i sent some esc's to get swaped out it took almost a month
This i can live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogfounder View Post
Good luck with contacting Castle.

They have had so many complaints they went into corporate hideing,
and by my situation, have no clue when they will show their face again....
This what worries me, not knowing...
Old 11-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Last warranty I delt with they did not acknowledge that they got my ESC. Awhile later I got a tracking number from them.

I think they are a good company, just busy. I would be patient and hope for the best.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Last warranty I delt with they did not acknowledge that they got my ESC. Awhile later I got a tracking number from them.

I think they are a good company, just busy. I would be patient and hope for the best.
Thanks, that's reasurring
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Yea I sent an MMP in like 6 months ago. Didnt hear anything from them so I emailed after 3 weeks and then a couple days later they emailed me and said that they didnt have any new ones to send. Had to wait another 2 weeks so 5 weeks total until I got it back.

I like their products and their warranty is good but their communication needs improvement! A simple email when they receive items would be sufficient, not knowing does suck!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I second that...I also sent in a MM to upgrade to a MMP and a BEC that gave up the ghost..Charles and I were talking back and forth before I sent them in and he said that for some reason they are getting really busy, with RD on new stuff and old equipment coming in and being upgraded...they kinda got behind.

have faith...it is coming on the christmas season and they are stocking up. Their websited does say that they have a 3 week lead time.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

it takes at least 3 weeks to get anything back. i have had two ESC's that i've had to send in to them, one came back in 2.5 weeks and the other took 5 weeks. they always come through, but it tends to be a little slow.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Nice to know guys, my MM fried recently, I need to send it in. Good thing I have a "spare" MM Pro to use.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #11
RCC Addict

In my experience Novak and some of the others take much longer on average. My three repairs I sent into Castle came back within three weeks on two and on the other (a V1 MMM) it took a couple months because they were improving the boards.

Novak however on both of my repairs took at least 90 days. Tekin I have never dealt with.

I have always had great luck calling castle. Chris (who is female) is usually a good one to talk to for answers.

Granted the communication could be better, but it's far and above any of the worst I have dealt with. I have also always gotten taken care of. I have seen CC warranty items that were blatantly the owners fault.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The one and only problem I ever had with any castle product I sent back and 3-4 weeks later package in my mailbox with a replacement at no charge. Wait kinda sucks but odds are good they'll treat you right.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
...., non warranty, but they arrived over 10 days ago and haven't heard back from them, and before anyone starts ripping me a new one, i e-mailed them 3 times if they had received them and asking about the turn around time to no avail , i tried calling but repairs department only asnwer at certain hours and even then you just get a recording, so i talked to tech to see if they could help me out and got nowhere there, i am only wanting to know if they were received by them as fed ex shows them delivered, again i am not asking for my stuff to be ready now just need to know they got there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
In my experience Novak and some of the others take much longer on average. My three repairs I sent into Castle came back within three weeks on two and on the other (a V1 MMM) it took a couple months because they were improving the boards.

Novak however on both of my repairs took at least 90 days. Tekin I have never dealt with.

I have always had great luck calling castle. Chris (who is female) is usually a good one to talk to for answers.

Granted the communication could be better, but it's far and above any of the worst I have dealt with. I have also always gotten taken care of. I have seen CC warranty items that were blatantly the owners fault.
I understand the turn around will be slow, i only asked if they received my stuff, my problem is i am located in Honduras so if i send something from here to the u.s. i tend to worry stuff might get lost on it's way there, i have also dealt with novak and they took good care of me, charlie at novak i mean, i never have dealt with tekin as i never had any problems with their stuff, as for castle stuff i have sent in for exchange, their failure i know to have been my own fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Yea I sent an MMP in like 6 months ago. Didnt hear anything from them so I emailed after 3 weeks and then a couple days later they emailed me and said that they didnt have any new ones to send. Had to wait another 2 weeks so 5 weeks total until I got it back.

I like their products and their warranty is good but their communication needs improvement! A simple email when they receive items would be sufficient, not knowing does suck!
Thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
I second that...I also sent in a MM to upgrade to a MMP and a BEC that gave up the ghost..Charles and I were talking back and forth before I sent them in and he said that for some reason they are getting really busy, with RD on new stuff and old equipment coming in and being upgraded...they kinda got behind.

have faith...it is coming on the christmas season and they are stocking up. Their websited does say that they have a 3 week lead time.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
it takes at least 3 weeks to get anything back. i have had two ESC's that i've had to send in to them, one came back in 2.5 weeks and the other took 5 weeks. they always come through, but it tends to be a little slow.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

9/23 - I shipped a fried Sidewinder to them
9/26 - They received it according to USPS delivery confirmation
10/19 - I got an email saying they received it and I should have my replacement in 15 days.
11/4 - I get the shipping notice
11/8 - UPS is scheduled to show up today with an SV2.
So, start to finish I am looking at about 6 weeks turn around time.

Sure its a slow process, but I do agree there could be a better notification system. I was pretty successful getting a response from support@castlecreations.com when I had a question on the mail in rebate they were offering at the end of last year.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
9/23 - I shipped a fried Sidewinder to them
9/26 - They received it according to USPS delivery confirmation
10/19 - I got an email saying they received it and I should have my replacement in 15 days.
11/4 - I get the shipping notice
11/8 - UPS is scheduled to show up today with an SV2.
So, start to finish I am looking at about 6 weeks turn around time.

Sure its a slow process, but I do agree there could be a better notification system. I was pretty successful getting a response from support@castlecreations.com when I had a question on the mail in rebate they were offering at the end of last year.
Oh, i got through to tech, that was no problem, it's repair dept. that suck at answering, they just have to much on their plate right now i guess, i am ok with it now though, i thought i was the only one with this problem.

Last edited by cartronicshn; 11-08-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Tekin I have never dealt with.
I send a Tekin motor in at the same time that I send in my MMP and they notified me when it got there and I got it back in 3 weeks.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Sent mine in on the 24th USPS said they received it on the 27th. E-mailed Charles and he responded with:

"when did you send those units into us.. I see the online order form we downloaded but no packages yet. Please if you have tracking information on both of those orders or if they were shipped in the same package.. Please send that info back to me.. As of now we have not had those units physically in front of us yet. This is probably because we are about 2 weeks behind in opening up packaged because of the flood of units being sent in versus just us 2 in repairs.. We will see what we can do for you and see if those packages were delivered."

Kinda makes me nervous...but I have confirmation that they did receive it. and he did see the online order...

Hope its the same for you. Last time I sent in a MM I got it back in like 5 weeks. with a crap load of stickers.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Sent mine in on the 24th USPS said they received it on the 27th. E-mailed Charles and he responded with:

"when did you send those units into us.. I see the online order form we downloaded but no packages yet. Please if you have tracking information on both of those orders or if they were shipped in the same package.. Please send that info back to me.. As of now we have not had those units physically in front of us yet. This is probably because we are about 2 weeks behind in opening up packaged because of the flood of units being sent in versus just us 2 in repairs.. We will see what we can do for you and see if those packages were delivered."

Kinda makes me nervous...but I have confirmation that they did receive it. and he did see the online order...

Hope its the same for you. Last time I sent in a MM I got it back in like 5 weeks. with a crap load of stickers.
Can you pm me charles contact info on here, i don't know it.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

PM sent..I won't post it on here
Old 11-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I can tell you the warranty department is pretty slammed right now. You wouldn't believe how many HV systems they are repairing. I was wondering how they were keeping it all straight, and last time I went there it was just boxes upon boxes of HV controllers. Many thousands of units.

They will get you taken care of, it can just be a bit of a wait.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote