Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4ws with dx3c questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 4ws with dx3c questions

i have a wraith that i am going to put 4ws on. i'm a total newb when it comes to this stuff, and i've read the manual for the radio about a hundred times, but i'm still not positive on this.

what i would like to do is set the 3rd channel up as my rear steer. that way i can push the switch one way to turn right, center the switch to center the tires, and pull the switch the other way to turn left. i know that this would turn the tires FULLY one way, center, and FULLY the other way. is this right??

i would also like to set up one of the dt switches on the steering wheel to turn on or off the steering mix. this way i could turn on mix and have the tires turn opposite of the fronts, but be at the same rate instead of fully turning like they would using the 3rd channel 3 position switch.

is this doable or am i wanting to much control??
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I dont thing the DX3c will let you turn a mix on and off from a switch. We were told this functionality would be in the radio but sadly it is not.

You can however set a 3p switch to control the rear steering. I did it for a while just for fun and it worked very well. Just go to the switches area, I think it is in system if it is like my dx3r, and select the switch you want and change it to 3pos. You can also have an additional switch set to linear so that you can control fine adjustments of the rear, I had mine that way but honestly I never used it the 3pos is much faster and easier to use.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

well crap. so it's either steering mix OR 3 position switch. was hoping i could get more control. i guess it may not be needed tho. i've never messed with 4ws so more control may get me into more trouble!
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you want that control there are options available.

There is a cheap chinese radio called the GTB3 sold by Shop for RC Hobby Parts and Upgrades - Digital Servos, Brushless Motors, ESC, LiPo Batteries/Chargers for RC Helicopters, RC Planes, RC Cars, Robots that has become a favorite among crawlers. It is inexpensive ($35) and extra receivers are under $10 (good if you have more than one truck you would like to use it with). From the factory it is limited but with a hack kit from LosiKid (vendor on here) you can get 8ch out of it and more mixing than you can shake a stick at. Very good option, for under $100 you can have a radio with the features of a 4pl or 4pk but with more channels.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote