Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: transmitter questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default transmitter questions.

im going to be getting a new transmitter but 1st i have a few questions.
im looking at getting a 6ex or somthing similar,

id like to kn if its possible to set both sticks to do throttle and steering?
like if iv got moa and dual steer. can i controll one motor and one servo with one stick and the other set with the other stick?

or am i forced to use buttons or switchs to accomplish this?

id alos like some insight on the 6ex itself. iv heard some good thigns bout that one in particualr and alot of bad. is that controller worth the money or is it just junk?

im trying to stay away from pistol grip tx just b/c of the dual steer kinda a pain in the *** to dual steer at the same time with only one knob.
TNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Default Re: transmitter questions.

I'm unsure on the 6ex...but yes most stick radios can run throttle/steering on both sticks.

If i was to run a stick radio, i'd run a flysky 9x with the smartieparts add-on board then flash it with er9x (don't forget eepe either if you go with er9x

If you decide to go the 9x route, lmk and i can hook you up with more info on it. Its been alittle over a year now since i've been involved in that crowd of hackers because i moved onto pistols so all i can do is point you in a good direction but not be a ton of help

Have you used a stick radio before? Its a huge pain in the *** too till you have alot of hours on it getting used to it.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

ok im a total noob when it comes to cralwers or tx/rx lol or most the electronics... i mean i can get by but some of the more safisticated stuff makes no sence... so plz explain (in the dumbest dumbed down way possible) what you just said.. sry.

yeah i have used a stick controller b4. several years ago b4 pistol grips came around back when i was a kid but its like rideing a bike itll come back to me. :P
TNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hi TNorton,

Yes, the Futaba 6EX will do as you wish.

You will be able to control one motor + one servo from each stick.

You will need to have 2 ESC's for this to work though. One for the front motor, one for the rear motor.

However, trying to control your rig this way will be very difficult, and the benefits, if any, of doing it that way are likely minimal.

In practice, having a mix (switch) to control the throttle and rear steering is far easier to manage IMHO.

The 6EX does not come with 3way switches, so is limited in its capabilities in this regard.
Recently Futaba have released the 8FG which has an abundance of 3way switches and programming capabilities.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mike
The CrAwLL BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote

transmitter questions. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ax-3 transmitter col carpenter Electronics 5 10-05-2011 06:56 PM
Transmitter martinez34 Electronics 2 04-03-2010 12:25 PM
Questions on setting up ESC and Transmitter needtocrawl Electronics 10 11-28-2009 10:25 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM