Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TWO(2) 1/4 servos help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default TWO(2) 1/4 servos help

i am going to run two 1/4 servos on my next play toy.but i need help to make sure that i have it right before blow something up.traxxas three channal radio and a super chicken.6 cell batt pack.anything that i need to know.

thanks
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

You will probably need more than just the power supplied by the SR's 3 amp BEC. I would suggest using a reciever pack, a servo regulator, or just tap off of 5 cells from the main battery pack. 1/4 scale servos suck up a lot of juice.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yeah, I doubt you can really even run one 1/4 servo without an RX pack, let alone two.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I run 6 cell (3300mah), super chicken and 3 channel Traxxas receiver on my crawler (clod with TTR units stock cans)with 1/4 scale (hitec 805bbs) . i started out running 1 receiver pack thru the receiver . the 1/4 scales where draining the pack faster than the 6 cell was getting drained. so i changed over to 2 receiver packs (1400mah ofna) and run the y harness that comes with the 1/4 scales . they run longer & seem to have more power .it is the set up i like the most with the 1/4 scales . i get around 50 or so mins of run time . i even changed my number 2 truck over to it . i hope this helps you .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
RCC Addict

sell the super rooster on ebay and buy a real esc, the tekin rebel 2!!! it has 5 amps 6v at the bec, the super rooster only has 3 amps.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

A friend of mine has a custom tuber, bought off this site, actually, with dual 1/4 scale servos and a Super Rooster on it.. Ran it with dual 55t and a single pack with no rx pack and didn't seem to have many troubles... Shorter run times than most of us, but, the BEC handled it no probz... The servos'd wind up and work properly...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You're not going to run two quarter scales without an external power source, if you do, you're an idiot and I'll probably have to laugh at you when you burn up your reciever or speed control.

In the very least you should have a receiver pack, but I would sudgest dual Novak servo regulators (one for each servo) off the main battery, one will work, but two handle the amp draw better.

I've also seen guys run quarter scales straight off 7.2 with excellent results (according to Hitec the 805's will be fine so long as your endpoints are adjusted) but only certain servo's will survive for any amount of time.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

how about some dieagrams on how this will work.how about the EVXtraxxas novak speed controler it has 14.7 will this work.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

The EVX would work, yes, with 14.4V IF you use the Titan motors with it and clip the red wire from the ESC and use a nice big RX pack... The BEC on the EVX is crappy... I've yanked the red wire and dropped an 1100MaH hump pack on it and my servo came to life...

As for running them on a Super Rooster? As I said... I have a friend with one that works fine... Maybe a bit slow on the servo's, but, other than that.. It works.. Without frying anything...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote