Notices

Thread: Wth is this? Lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #41
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Wth is this? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Heh, I wasn't implying you didn't sell arms, was simply hinting charlie that I sold armatures and teasing him a bit.....but read it however you like.

I would love to see a 20 awg 5mm web sagami arm 35t though.

Interesting you are moving the purely welded arms after previous comments about it effecting the comm and such.

Later EddieO
I don't see another way to read it, but you do sell yourself whenever possible so I will take your word for it

I would love to see 35t with 20ga on a 5mm arm too, lets wish for good luck on forcing that to happen

Welding does warp the comm more than soldering, but show me a perfect motor and I will bake you a cake!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #42

Default Re: WTH is this? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwood View Post
How long would it take to get a 35 turn 20 awg 5mm web arm wound up? I'll take one
about a thousand years when we figure out how to put wire into another dimension so there is enough room
Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
And stop wiping the camera lense across your ass crack before you snap the pics...
Now that's classic right there...
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: WTH is this? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
about a thousand years when we figure out how to put wire into another dimension so there is enough room
Cant we just apply Heisenberg's principle here and not look at the arm and assume that the wire is there?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #45
Nobody

Quote:

Charlie- Dual motors in a 2.2 on 3s- If you want the typical pep a 35t on 5mm web with a fat pack will be pretty stout, certainly parts breaking central If you want something a bit faster or more powerful a 20ga fat pack is pretty nuts. I can wind up anything you would want.
Quote:
oh, I read the above post to mean you could wind that. So what size wire is a 5 mm 35t fat pack?
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #46

20.5ga. The 20ga would be faster and more powerful, cause it's about 30 turns!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
And stop wiping the camera lense across your ass crack before you snap the pics...
I thought that's what you're suppose to do? Damn all this time I thought I was doing it right
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I'll make sure I type stuff much more clearly when being a smart ass to someone....just so someone doesn't assume its about or directed at them.

A 35t 5mm with 20 awg is impossible....

What exactly is a 20 awg fatpack? a 30t on 5mm?

And to answer the original posters question.

Your arm looks compression welded (basically a crimp)....my guess its an Integy machine wound armature or some other brand. It is without a doubt not a trinity armature of any kind.

Ok, back to designing new Brushless race motor for Trinity...

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 03-02-2012 at 05:06 PM.
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I'll make sure I type stuff much more clearly when being a smart ass to someone....just so someone doesn't assume its about or directed at them.

Later EddieO

That would be nice so I don't get a bunch of emails on why somebody is saying I don't do so-and-so

Good luck on your motor designing.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Where should I look to see if it's welded? Probably help with pics, took two, tried the best lighting but itouchs suck for pics lol instead of putting the pics on here smaller I left them in their original size so hopefully this helps

Edit: still wondering, if I align the notches that it will make it 0 timing, even if the bell is turn all the way around to connect the notches
Dude, your pics are terrible. you need to turn the macro on, back up just a hair, and and half press the button so it focuses, then fully depress the button
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #51
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
I don't see another way to read it, but you do sell yourself whenever possible so I will take your word for it

Funny, I took it the same way as you..........another lil dig at ya.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Hope you guys arent fighting or something, you both are kick ass people, (generally i don't like fighting)
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Yup, I am backpedaling....you got me.

Go read it again, REALLY slowly.

I simply said I know a guy (that would be ME) and he is not in your signature (that would be ME, as I am not in his signature).

No where in that did I say YOU didn't sell armatures. I would never say or imply that, as I know you do and have told people before on here you do.

And really, you found all those emails in your box already in less than 24 hours in the 300+ a day you get?

Later EddieO

Quote:
That would be nice so I don't get a bunch of emails on why somebody is saying I don't do so-and-so

Good luck on your motor designing.
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Dude, your pics are terrible. you need to turn the macro on, back up just a hair, and and half press the button so it focuses, then fully depress the button
Huh? It's an itouch, I cant fully depress a button lol it's all touch screen and what is a macro? I mini mackerel? Lol
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Huh? It's an itouch, I cant fully depress a button lol it's all touch screen and what is a macro? I mini mackerel? Lol
Then in that case, before snapping the picture, tap the screen (on the item you are taking a picture of) and watch how the vie finder "bursts" and re-focuses. Depending on where you tap on the screen, the white balance and lighting will change. Once it focuses well, take the photo.

This photo was taken with my iphone. The apple i devices have pretty good camaeras.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #56

I was the one back peddling, sheesh we need an internet translator tonight!!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
Nobody

You should be able to tap the screen and it'll focus on where you tap. Unless only iPhones do that.

If you cut the comm and break the brushes in that'll still be a descent runner. I've put a few Integy arms in mod teardowns and they made a good bit more power and torque on the dyno.

As to the other drama, I honestly read that to mean he just said that he sold matched arms. I actually don't see how you could read it to mean that he said John doesn't sell arms. Everyone knows John sells arms. That'd be like saying EeePee doesn't drink beer!
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #58
TSK
Shelf queen

Man...

Everyoe just needs to take everything with a grain of salt.

I like both of the "premiere" motor builders who are posting in this thread. Both have always answered any questions I have every had regarding any of their products, or what might be the best solution to my setup & concerns.

Yes I like the HH products I currently own, and I'm excited to try some the Br00d products in the near future. I'm not sponsored or even a competetor, but when I find a product I like, i continue to use them. That said, I try these products because they have established a name for themselves in the crawler community, so it's only fair that I give "newer" product a chance.

I don't care what the other thinks of the other, as that's none of my business, but a little friendly competition is only of great benefit to the end consumer.

P.S. I do love hearing all this RC history being told though.

EeePee drinks beer? OMG. And I found him to be such a role model on this forum. I am terribly disappointed.

Last edited by TSK; 03-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Man...

Everyoe just needs to take everything with a grain of salt.

I like both of the "premiere" motor builders who are posting in this thread. Both have always answered any questions I have every had regarding any of their products, or what might be the best solution to my setup & concerns.

Yes I like the HH products I currently own, and I'm excited to try some the Br00d products in the near future. I'm not sponsored or even a competetor, but when I find a product I like, i continue to use them. That said, I try these products because they have established a name for themselves in the crawler community, so it's only fair that I give "newer" product a chance.

I don't care what the other thinks of the other, as that's none of my business, but a little friendly competition is only of great benefit to the end consumer.

P.S. I do love hearing all this RC history being told though.

EeePee drinks beer? OMG. And I found him to be such a role model on this forum. I am terribly disappointed.
Haha ya EeePee is a good role model just got to pretend not to know about the drinking lol jk but I know I just don't like people getting in to fight when it's two really good and awesome guys, now If it was noobs........ Be a different story lol
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

">
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Wth is this? Lol - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wth?? ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 13 02-01-2012 02:06 PM
Wth? chip cross Chit Chat 16 10-04-2011 04:37 PM
Wth?!?!?? demonoid369 Electronics 39 05-17-2011 10:08 AM
Wheel Chinamans..lol had Carnage..lol UPNOVER General Crawlers 0 02-27-2006 08:03 AM