Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: no power..castle brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default no power..castle brushless

so i have my scx10 axles in my wreckluse tuber with a mamba monster and just a traxxas 7cell and castle 4 pole 3800k with 13/87 i believe. And this thing will just not crawl is it because its nonsensored or what i do like castles products and would like to stay with them. In castle link i also have it set up for max power on start up ect. It will drive fine on flat and is kinda zippy but not fast enough were it should have no low end torque.what are my options

also i know the motor is good because it was in my slash and was like a rocket in that,
i do plan on getting a mamba max pro since there smaller and can run sensored if that will help .
xiteamxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: no power..castle brushless

its likely because its sensorless. if ur set on brushless then sensored is the way to go in a crawler, but it still wont be as smooth as a brushed motor
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I may come back...but....in "high power" wiring, you have NO reverse.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

7 cell traxxas is not enough power for the Mamba Monster. also, it will be very very twitchy being that it's built for 1/8th scale applications. I run a MMM in my Summit and E-Revo Brushless Edition, there is no slow rolling with it. (missing a sensor wire) Now..... I run Tekin RX8's in my Electric Buggy and Truggy, now thats a different story. I can make them creep like a snail because of the sensor wire. The Mamba Max Pro will be your best bet because of the Crawler Function you can setup with the castle link. That's what i run in my wraith anyway.
Tommy_Boy_1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Boy_1184 View Post
7 cell traxxas is not enough power for the Mamba Monster. also, it will be very very twitchy being that it's built for 1/8th scale applications. I run a MMM in my Summit and E-Revo Brushless Edition, there is no slow rolling with it. (missing a sensor wire) Now..... I run Tekin RX8's in my Electric Buggy and Truggy, now thats a different story. I can make them creep like a snail because of the sensor wire. The Mamba Max Pro will be your best bet because of the Crawler Function you can setup with the castle link. That's what i run in my wraith anyway.
the motors are only rated at 3s lipo max and 7s is 8.4v. also why i thought there was something wrong is because i had the mamba monster and monster motor in my scx10 with a summit trans and it crawled fine on 7cells besides the weight of the huge motor.
xiteamxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiteamxi View Post
the motors are only rated at 3s lipo max and 7s is 8.4v. also why i thought there was something wrong is because i had the mamba monster and monster motor in my scx10 with a summit trans and it crawled fine on 7cells besides the weight of the huge motor.
The summit trans is geared really low in 1st gear, that is why you got away with it.

Otherwise, go fast motors in low speed crawlers typically work like crap.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiteamxi View Post
the motors are only rated at 3s lipo max and 7s is 8.4v.
3s lipo peak voltage is right around 12.6V.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote

no power..castle brushless - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xl5 rustler to castle power c0bra Non Crawler RC's 7 11-26-2011 09:03 AM
wanting to go brushless ? to much power flip2spin23 Electronics 13 03-28-2008 11:40 PM
quark 33 and castle BEC. remove esc power wire? dieselfuel Electronics 2 03-21-2008 12:12 AM
new brushless system/need more power ridinbikes247 Non Crawler RC's 8 01-09-2008 04:48 PM