Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CC Sidewinder Micro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Proverbial threadkiller

Default CC Sidewinder Micro

Okay, I've been reading about the Sidewinder Micro for better part of two weeks now. I'm looking to put this in my AX-10 comp rig with a Brood 35 turn (skewed arm) and G-Force 3S 1300 mah (30C&35C) LiPo's. Tires & wheels are DNA Thrashers w/ white dot Rovers.

Long and short of it, anyone have experience with the Sidewinder Micro? Will it stand up to a 35t-3S combo? Or is this one just too small to handle a crawler in a bind and/or trying to flip back over on my wheels?
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CC Sidewinder Micro

Quite a few guys are running dual Sidewinder Micro's with 3S & 35T motors in MOA's. They seem to do well and are very small ESC's.
I will likely do the same in the next week or so to replace a M2 Dig.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've got some time on a sidewinder micro and a 40t-3S setup on a rig weighing in just under 6lbs. The drag brake works better than an FXR...the low speed control is great. The only reason I went back to an FXR was because I like to practice...which means longer run times. I don't think the ESC was getting TOO hot, but I didn't like worrying about it. If you were just running yours in one comp course at a time I don't think you'd have any problems.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Quite a few guys are running dual Sidewinder Micro's with 3S & 35T motors in MOA's. They seem to do well and are very small ESC's.
I will likely do the same in the next week or so to replace a M2 Dig.
Duals in a MOA are quite a different animal than a single ESC in a no dig shafty. That single will get hotter than a dual setup.

As for running the Micro Sidewinder, it should be just fine. I run a Mamba Micro Pro in my no dig shafty and it works well. If I run several packs back to back, it will get slightly warm, so make sure you give the truck a break between runs. That SW is basically a MMP, minus the case and heat sink, so I'd expect it to heat up faster than a MMP. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to mount it in a well ventilated area.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

im running a cc sw micro's in my sporty truck and my xr moa.
i love it.
same setup as you are gonna run,it gets warm after course run.
like jeremy said just let it cool down in between runs
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Duals in a MOA are quite a different animal than a single ESC in a no dig shafty. That single will get hotter than a dual setup.

As for running the Micro Sidewinder, it should be just fine. I run a Mamba Micro Pro in my no dig shafty and it works well. If I run several packs back to back, it will get slightly warm, so make sure you give the truck a break between runs. That SW is basically a MMP, minus the case and heat sink, so I'd expect it to heat up faster than a MMP. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to mount it in a well ventilated area.
True, no disagreement.
Better would be the MMicro Pro due to the heatsink. But the loads of 3S & a 35T in a MOA is close to a 3S 35T in a shafty. Long trail runs will push the ESC, but the rig is less likely to get the bind loads of a MOA.....sorta evens out.
My son & I have run multiple CC ESC's in different rigs, most do fine, some have more margins than others.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

CC Sidewinder Micro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sidewinder with a cc bec,works great but Can I swap it out for a Micro sidewinder? username Electronics 3 04-04-2009 10:11 PM